1,352 results
All reviews etruscan ruins glass bottom queen mother upgraded to a suite grand hotel old town underground swimming old world charm the general manager elegant hotel umbrian valley star hotel buffet breakfast swimming pool old style perfect location spectacular views
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We were spending a week in Tuscany and Umbria in January, and decided to stay in Perugia. I will candidly admit that one of the things which drew me to stay in Perugia (rather than other towns or cities) was the chance to take a dip in the indoor pool. (Not many places to swim indoors in the middle of January, and it's always something we enjoy when touring around.) The Brufani was excellently located, we had a very nice room, the service and food were great, and the pool was terrific. The hotel is nicely located in the old town, allowing one to walk to all of the important locations in the old city. The highlight of the stay was swimming in the pool -- which includes some glass panels in the bottom of the pool to show off the Etruscan ruins on which the hotel is built. It was a great place to relax after walking around all day in Assisi and Perugia.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djlawman
Mitata, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

let me thank you for the preference given to our hotel and for your kind comments about your stay with us.
I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

With our kindest regards.

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I would support all previous reviews that the views, location and staff are five star.

My reason for only four stars is that there is an air of grandeur but no opulence either in the common areas or in our room – a grand suite. The hotel is a bit tired. The bar area is a real weakness and both it and the restaurant lacked atmosphere. As we were here in November this is probably to be expected. Food OK not great.

However the dinner, bed and breakfast rate was such great value I would not hesitate in recommending it. If I were to return to Perugia I would unhesitatingly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fleetcat
Mitata, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for your positive comments concerning your stay with us and for mentioning some aspects that needs to be improved.
Please, rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to improve the areas you mentioned.

With our kindest regards.

Reviewed January 3, 2011

The only thing We did not like was the Ferris Weel right in front of the entrance of this beautiful Hotel. A real 5 stars, all the way. Thanks to Carmela for the wonderful suggestions (la taverna, see review) and for her smiles. See you again. Jasleen.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mitata, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Brufani Palace. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

The General Manager and all the Staff

Reviewed November 16, 2010

This Hotel is a must for travelers to Perugia and Umbria. We had a suite facing the hills of Umbria and the view is magnificent. There is a indoor pool built on Etruscan ruines, probably unique in the world. Location is perfect. Special thank you to the front desk for suggesting a wonderful restaurant for dinner, La Taverna. We had the best meal in Italy and they took very good care of us.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

it is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for the time spent to write your positive comments.

Please, consider myself and all my team at your total disposal for serving you again in the future.

With our kindest regards

Reviewed November 14, 2010

We had a wonderful stay, 2 nights, in the middle of chocoexpo. The hotel is very pristine and the rooms are great. We had one facing the valley and the view was breathtaking. The staff at the front desk is very helpful. After making the mistake of choosing our own restaurant for dinner the first night (WINE BARTOLO, TERRIBLE!) we asked Ms. Carmela for a suggestion and she send us at La Taverna. THE BEST! We had the best dinner in our 2 weeks trip to Italy. Wish we asked the first night. Beautiful restaurant and the entire crew, including the chef, took good care of us. For sure next year we will be back at Brufani Palace and La taverna. Thank you Carmela, you made our stay memorable

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

let me thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Brufani Palace.

I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your positive review.

We look forward to host you again in the future and thank you once again for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Perugia.