Sina Brufani
$87
$85
Hotel Signa(Perugia)(Great Value!)
$65
Primavera Mini Hotel(Perugia)(Great Value!)
$91
$88
  • Room Service
$99
$83
Agoda.com
Borgo Dei Conti Resort(Boschetto Vecchio)
$322
$283
1,280 results
All reviewsetruscan ruinsqueen motherupgraded to a suitegrand hotelglass floorunderground poolold townthe general managerelegant hotelstar hotelumbrian valleybuffet breakfastold styleking bedperfect locationspectacular viewslarge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We really thought we would like the Brufani Palace. When we arrived for a two night stay in September, we were struck by the beautiful location, which was confirmed by beautiful sunset views from the terrace. Alas, the hotel just didn't measure up to standards or provide value.

Our corner room was large and had perhaps the biggest bathroom we've ever experienced in Europe; the double vanity was wonderful. We had a nice bed and the room afforded great views. BUT, we were consistently bothered by a noxious, musty smell, the source of which couldn't be identified. The carpet and the fabric-covered walls were beginning to show their age.

We went for drinks in the bar before dinner and had a surprise never before experienced - the bartender obviously didn't know how to fix a Manhattan. He was embarrassed and, feeling bad for him, I switched to a more straightforward alternative.

The location is tops, but - if we return to Perugia - we would probably look for another option. I wouldn't tell folks to absolutely avoid the Brufani Palace, but "caveat emptor"!!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Brufani Palace.
I am sorry that some aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please rest assured that I am taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

I appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

The General Manager of the Hotel Brufani Palace

Reviewed October 1, 2013

A gorgeous location, albeit a bit difficult to find by car. Everything you'd expect of a luxury hotel BUT...stains on the carpet in the bedroom and holes in the towels, on two separate occasions. The shower in the tub has no enclosure; therefore, water everywhere, even when the shower head is aimed at the wall. That being said, the dining room was lovely: quietly elegant with excellent service and good, not great, food. Staff were courteous but not overly welcoming. Perugia requires determined exploration to find its secrets.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

let me thank you very much for your comments about your stay with us.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I apologize for the problem you mentioned about the carpet, towels and shower.
I personally check rooms and amenities every day and we have a regular maintenance and quality audit.
Your comments will help me to pay even more attention to these standards.

Thanking you once again for your kind feedback, I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Brufani Palace for two delightful nights. I must admit finding the hotel was a tad difficult or maybe it was just my GPS. My GPS took me to the middle of piazza full of people and finding a place to turn around was a bit difficult. A phone call to the hotel put us straight and we realized that we had gone past the hotel!
Once found, the rest of our stay was excellent. Upon check in, as members of the Leading Hotels of the World, we were upgraded to a suite. It was a full suite on the front right of the hotel with a tiny balcony (the one with the flags) and overlooking the city below. It was a very large suite with a full sitting room with desk, couch, chairs and TV, large bedroom with comfortable king size bed, small couch, and desk and a very large two room bathroom with a soaking tub. We were also treated to a lovely welcome gift of fruit and wine. We couldn't have asked for more.
Service was outstanding including nightly turn down service. The rooms were cleaned in a timely manner which is not always the case. Any questions that we had were quickly and graciously answered. Maps were given with places of interest noted including one woman who actually went outside of the hotel and showed us where the entrance of the Rocca. I was totally surprised how well the staff remembered our names! We definitely received five star treatment.
As to comments of the hotel being 'tired', our experience did not show us this. Yes, the furniture is of older charming nature. The walls were covered in a red damask cloth and artfully done which I would loved to know how to do. The drapes were heavy and definitely kept the light out of the room for a peaceful nights sleep. Even the views from the bathroom was spectacular.
Breakfast and the Internet were included in the room rate. Yes, it is a tad annoying to have to get cards to renew the lease on the initial one hour of Internet but the Internet worked well both for my iPad and our two laptops. Breakfast was good with enough selections to keep both my husband and I happy.
We opted for the 20 euro parking for our rental car which I didn't find outrageous. The area around the hotel is congested. We did enjoy a Sunday night dinner at the hotel which was very good. There are plenty of fine restaurants within a short walking distance but we found many closed on Sundays.
I would definitely return to this hotel in a heartbeat. Perugia is a fabulous medieval city with much to see and do within a short walking distance. You don't feel like you are in the middle of tourist trap city but rather a city that respects it's past but is a vibrant 21st century location with many families enjoying the good life of today's Italy. Great place to visit and one we plan to return to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia N

Dear Guest,

what fantastic comments concerning your stay, our hotel and our city.
Thank you so very much for the time spent to let us have your feedback!!!

We are really happy that you enjoyed the days spent in our hotel and city.

Please, let us know if you wish to come back and we will do our best to serve you even better than the previous stay.

Thank you once again for your kind review.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Brufani Palace for eight nights in September.

It is true that the hotel looks past its best but then doesn't the whole of Italy? This hotel was the sensible choice for a base to visit Umbria and it was perfect for this purpose. It is also in the dead centre of Perugia and just a few yards from Corso Vanucci within walking distance of dozens of restaurants.

We were all in Junior suites some of which were much bigger than others. I was in one of the smaller ones. The views were exceptional from all our rooms and the rooms were made up every day and we believe the sheets were changed every day as well. Staff were friendly and efficient and they did their best to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

We had two cars that had to be parked in the garage on certain nights at a cost of Euro 20 per night but on other nights they were left outside the hotel without incurring a fine and at no cost. They seemed to be perfectly safe outside but the problem was finding the space.

WiFi was a bit hit and miss and didn't work excessively well but we managed to include this in the room rates. It kept logging off and by the end of the second day I already knew the username and password by heart.

I didn't see the spa or the gym though my friends tell me the gym was very limited and extremely hot whereas the pool was small but usable.

Breakfasts were fine and there was sufficient choice.

Perugia is a very confusing city so finding the hotel can be a challenge. I would recommend that

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HastingsBanda

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Brufani Palace.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This pricey, large hotel is by far the best in Perugia. It is worth the money for a special stay. The building is old and consists of two parts joined seamlessly together. The rooms are furnished with older antique-style furniture and fabric-lined walls which give an opulent feel. The air-con and TV are modern and the bathrooms excellent. We stayed for 8 days and having booked a superior room were lucky to be given an upgrade to a junior suite with a fabulous view over the countryside.
The staff are friendly, efficient and very professional. The swimming pool down in the Etruscan depths of the hotel is wonderful.
The mini-bar prices are ridiculously high and the restaurant very expensive but Perugia has many places to eat at all prices.
We advise booking through the hotel's web-site. It allows you to book at a rate which includes breakfast, car parking at the hotel and gives a once-off 20 euro per person discount on a restaurant meal.
For a special occasion stay here. Perugia itself is wonderful.

Room Tip: Try to get a view over the countryside
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank agrestic
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Brufani Palace.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.