“Pork with truffles”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had dinner here twice during our stay in Perugia. Very knowledgable staff who were more than happy to aid our non too good italian and translate the menu. There were no problems dealing with my partners gluten free requirements as indeed there wasn't at any of the restaurants we visited in Perugia. An excellent range of craft beers to complement the meal as well as an extensive italian wine list, the wine being particularly well priced with absolutely no need to spend more than 10 euros to get a decent bottle. There was a delay in providing our wine on the first occasion we visited but they more than made up for it by giving us the bottle gratis.
The pork with truffles was excellent and very tasty with a generous portion of truffle shavings, the only slight disappointment was the rather unexciting cheeseboard.
Overall very good value for money with local produce, a fun atmosphere, and all tucked away at the back of a deli.

1  Thank merchantofvenice
There are newer reviews for Osteria A Priori

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After reading many reviews me and my girlfriend decided to go here. The atmosphere is very nice, good decor, comfortable.
However, the waiters and owner all looked unhappy and did not look like they were enjoying any aspect of their job. The place was busy and we were begrudgingly given the last table.

My girlfriend and I both ordered a pasta dish. Hers was tagliatelle with ragout bianco and mine was strangozzi with Tartuffe. Incredibly disappointing. My pasta was literally tasteless...as if they had boiled water, put in the pasta, then served it. My girlfriend's was not much better. I literally had never had such tasteless pasta (and I have lived in Italy for 6 years) for 10 euros I was really disappointed.

Maybe we chose the wrong dishes.There were other things that sounded good on the menu.
Unfortunately we were both irritated and disappointed by the bad food and the unfriendly service, despite how lovely the locale was.

2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just returnd from Italy and had lunch in Perugia at Osteria A Priori. What a special and wonderful place this is. Besides selling all kinds of wine, oilive oil and assorted Italian specialties, they have a small but delightful restaurant on the top level of the building and serve the freshest and most delicious food all made and sourced in Umbria. Service was wonderful and food as well. I recommend you go out of your way to try this gem of a restaurant. They serve both lunch and dinner. The price was very reasonable for the quality of food. Enjoy.

1  Thank slyshaman
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My small group recently found Osteria a Priori for lunch after a morning of sighseeing in Perugia. The fixed price lunch was delicious, well priced and came with a nice glass of wine. Food was served quickly and casually which met our needs exactly. It was nice to find something so delicious and unpretentious. I would definitely return.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Osteria a Priori was recommended to me but when I went they initially said there was no room, fortunately, they then offered me a table set up near the wine shelves: una sala privata per una. The food is amazing and the service was great too but humorous, given my seating arrangements. I had stracciata al tartufo nero estivo con bruschetta - basically, scrambled eggs on toast but what a taste, magnificent. I followed it with l'agnello dei Monti Sibellini con tartufo nero estivo e patate al forno - superb! I had a very nice Sagrantino (Villa Mangalli Gualdo Cattaneo) with this. I finished with homemade biscotti and a glass of passito. This was an absolutely amazing meal, the flavours were brilliant. All for €36.50, worth every penny. I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

1  Thank DiBi2