“Charming and tasty”

enone
Ranked #97 of 842 Restaurants in Perugia
Cuisines: European, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Wine Bar, known for the good and long lists of wines (mainly italian), offers a few interesting dishes...
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Visited this restaurant near our hotel with my husband on a warm evening in late August. Had a very nice welcome and the waitress was helpful with dietary requiremIents. We were also given a very tasty selection of 'anti' anti pasti which was a nice touch,

I had the fennel salad as a starter, fennel being one of my faviourite vegetables. It had a nice flavour but to my taste was a bit over salty so couldn't finish the dish. It was also meant to contain oranges but there was very little evidence of these. My husband had cheese with canded figs, honey and cinamon which he loved. I really enjoyed the main course which was prawn spaghetti and we shared a dessert of pineapple marinated in anise and basil another interesting flavour combination.

I wouldn't say the food wa exceptional but certainly above average and a very pleasant place to spend an evening.

There are newer reviews for enone

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great service, great food right on the sidewalk of Corso Cavour.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is a restaurant calling for superlatives. The interior is modern but fairly ordinary, however, the service and the food is extraordinary. I spent three nights in Perugia and went here twice, the restaurant being closed on Mondays. Full Italian menues are too much for me, so I went for only one course. Having ordered I was pleasantly surprised by being presented on each occasion with a plate of appetizers consisting of quality sausage, cheese, olives, and other small delicious morsels. First night I had octopus cooked in its own ink and second night stock fish (cod) heated in olive oil and rosemary. Perhaps not a lot of octopus but nonetheless a very delicious and satisfying dish. The fish had been soaked for just the right time (too often it is soaked until no taste is left) and though simple the combination of olive oil, rosemary, and grilled tomatoes was perfect. The wine list is comprehensive but reasonably priced. One final accolade must go to the staff. Unsurpassed friendliness and efficient service.

1  Thank Kel P
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Small intimate restaurant. The owner could not have been more welcoming and helpful.
We sat at the bar and had an aperitif and were offered the most delightful tasters.
Our meal was excellent, both my wife and I tried different pasta dishes and were not disappointed.
The owner recommended a superb local wine and also some delicious dessert wine to complement the biscotti.
Price very reasonable. Experience not to be missed.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The hotel suggested this small restaurant few minutes walking from downtown. The food was nice and the owner very charming. Nice wine list, too bad we are not heavy drinkers otherwise we could have done serious damages. Prices above average for food and wine but a very nice experience.