“Great sidewalk experience”

enone
Ranked #106 of 854 Restaurants in Perugia
Cuisines: European, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant and Wine Bar, known for the good and long lists of wines (mainly italian), offers a few interesting dishes...
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great service, great food right on the sidewalk of Corso Cavour.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is a restaurant calling for superlatives. The interior is modern but fairly ordinary, however, the service and the food is extraordinary. I spent three nights in Perugia and went here twice, the restaurant being closed on Mondays. Full Italian menues are too much for me, so I went for only one course. Having ordered I was pleasantly surprised by being presented on each occasion with a plate of appetizers consisting of quality sausage, cheese, olives, and other small delicious morsels. First night I had octopus cooked in its own ink and second night stock fish (cod) heated in olive oil and rosemary. Perhaps not a lot of octopus but nonetheless a very delicious and satisfying dish. The fish had been soaked for just the right time (too often it is soaked until no taste is left) and though simple the combination of olive oil, rosemary, and grilled tomatoes was perfect. The wine list is comprehensive but reasonably priced. One final accolade must go to the staff. Unsurpassed friendliness and efficient service.

1  Thank Kel P
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Small intimate restaurant. The owner could not have been more welcoming and helpful.
We sat at the bar and had an aperitif and were offered the most delightful tasters.
Our meal was excellent, both my wife and I tried different pasta dishes and were not disappointed.
The owner recommended a superb local wine and also some delicious dessert wine to complement the biscotti.
Price very reasonable. Experience not to be missed.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

The hotel suggested this small restaurant few minutes walking from downtown. The food was nice and the owner very charming. Nice wine list, too bad we are not heavy drinkers otherwise we could have done serious damages. Prices above average for food and wine but a very nice experience.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

After reading another review about this fine restaurant, we decided to try it during a free night in Perugia, and we were not disappointed. I began the evening by telling the very nice looking owner that I had read a good review about Enone on Trip Advisor, which he seemed to be unaware of. He brought us out complimentary appetizers, recommended a good, reasonable bottle of wine, and we then enjoyed each of our appetizers. It is within walking distance of several hotels, we were staying at Sangallo Palace Hotel, Via Masi 9. I highly recommend this restaurant, which also is an Enoteca.