“I'd do this all over again! Fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Let's cook in Umbria

Let's cook in Umbria
Ranked #1 of 17 Food & Drink in Perugia
More attraction details
Owner description: Culinary adventures in Italy: cooking classes, winery tours, truffle hunting and very popular cooking vacation programs that include accommodations and excursions to remote villages throughout Umbria and Tuscany.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'd do this all over again! Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My sister and I wanted to experience 'cooking in Italy' and found Rafaella's website. We added my daughter (24) and sister's friend to our group, and the four of us planned the trip-of-a-lifetime to Italy. Believe me, it was a trip I'll never forget. Raffaella planned and organized excursions for our afternoons that were unforgettable, and Stephania put together cooking classes for the mornings that were fun, hands-on, instructional and resulted in delicious meals. We dined on our creations and enjoy wine made on the farm. I have already made several of the recipes at home and because of Stephania's great instruction, they have all been delicious and enjoyed by my family. We stayed on the farm for a total of eight days which included six cooking lessons. Joining us were other foodies from several other states. Some staying for only one class, some for as long as four days. It was relaxing and the location was simply beautiful. The excursions/activities included a winery, olive mills, chocolate factory, Assisi, tour of Perugia, and participation in the olive harvest. A wonderful mix! (Sorry Raffaella if I neglected something :) We were thrilled with the attention and care Raffaella put into making our stay so memorable. We would all go again tomorrow if we could!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Roxie F

• Hebrew first
Parker, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Delicious, educational, and inspiring!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Joining a cooking class with Let’s Cook in Umbria was one of the best decisions I made for our vacation. We stayed in Perugia after Florence and before Rome, and I thought a cooking class would be a great way to learn more about the region. Rafaella was very responsive to my initial inquiry and subsequent questions, and my husband and I looked forward to meeting her. We happened to be the only students in the class that day, which was fine with us, as we had more hands-on time making the dishes. My husband usually doesn’t cook, but had expressed an interest in learning, so I let him handle some of the more complex tasks, while I handled chopping and compiling. It was perfect! With instructor Stefania’s direction, he rolled and placed the dough for the crostata, and then cut the lattice top. He also made the pasta dough, rolled it, and cut the tagliatelle. It was great to watch him learning from Stefania. The time flew by, and soon we were sitting down to enjoy the four-course meal of millefoglie melanzane, tagliatelle zucca, maiale uva, and cherry crostata, accompanied by a bottle of Rafaella’s delicious wine. From the dining room, we had a splendid view of the countryside, and after lunch, we wandered around Rafaella’s farm, looking at her olive trees and chickens. We loved our time with Rafaella and Stefania, two friends who launched this business and who are passionate about sharing their knowledge of traditional Umbrian dishes. My husband was inspired by the experience, and will be making tagliatelle this evening. Grazie, Rafaella and Stefania!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank lacasanova
Brisbane, Australia
“Great cooking class totally authentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Four of us wanted to experience an authentic Italian cooking class and Raffaella's was just perfect for our trip as we were staying in nearby Perugia. The whole experience was just what we were after with excellent tuition by Stephania and all hands on. We were able to cook a full meal and best of all enjoy lunch all prepared by ourselves and some American attendees who we met on the day and polished off a few bottles of Raffaella's red wine - well worth the experience

Visited September 2013
Chelsea, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

For a return trip to Italy we decided that a cooking class was an experience we wanted for this year. A very good decision to choose Let's cook in Umbria and a great experience with hands-on practice. Eating the product of our efforts with Rafaelle's homemade wine was so good! The group was small enough (6) that it was fun for everyone. We have already tried replicating our zucchini pasta and have put the tips provided by Stefania to good use. Thank you!

New Underwood SD
“Like a movie set!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

There were 8 of us traveling from the United States and we stayed at the farm two nights and 6 of us did the cooking class. My husband had the massage (he said it was great). The cooking class was great, not only did we learn how to make the food that we prepared - Stephania provided us with tips to help in our everyday cooking. After our food was all cooked and lunch was to be served in the garden, when we stepped out into the garden, it was a perfect setting - like a movie set. Raffaella was a perfect hostess. The accommodations were perfect. Right outside our apartment was a fig tree and there were purple Italian plums and we were encouraged to eat them. All the little things that were done for us were wonderful memories. We all hope to return someday.

Visited September 2013