“Delicious, educational, and inspiring!”

Let's cook in Umbria
More attraction details
Owner description: Culinary adventures in Italy: cooking classes, winery tours, truffle hunting and very popular cooking vacation programs that include accommodations and excursions to remote villages throughout Umbria and Tuscany.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Joining a cooking class with Let’s Cook in Umbria was one of the best decisions I made for our vacation. We stayed in Perugia after Florence and before Rome, and I thought a cooking class would be a great way to learn more about the region. Rafaella was very responsive to my initial inquiry and subsequent questions, and my husband and I looked forward to meeting her. We happened to be the only students in the class that day, which was fine with us, as we had more hands-on time making the dishes. My husband usually doesn’t cook, but had expressed an interest in learning, so I let him handle some of the more complex tasks, while I handled chopping and compiling. It was perfect! With instructor Stefania’s direction, he rolled and placed the dough for the crostata, and then cut the lattice top. He also made the pasta dough, rolled it, and cut the tagliatelle. It was great to watch him learning from Stefania. The time flew by, and soon we were sitting down to enjoy the four-course meal of millefoglie melanzane, tagliatelle zucca, maiale uva, and cherry crostata, accompanied by a bottle of Rafaella’s delicious wine. From the dining room, we had a splendid view of the countryside, and after lunch, we wandered around Rafaella’s farm, looking at her olive trees and chickens. We loved our time with Rafaella and Stefania, two friends who launched this business and who are passionate about sharing their knowledge of traditional Umbrian dishes. My husband was inspired by the experience, and will be making tagliatelle this evening. Grazie, Rafaella and Stefania!

1  Thank lacasanova

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Four of us wanted to experience an authentic Italian cooking class and Raffaella's was just perfect for our trip as we were staying in nearby Perugia. The whole experience was just what we were after with excellent tuition by Stephania and all hands on. We were able to cook a full meal and best of all enjoy lunch all prepared by ourselves and some American attendees who we met on the day and polished off a few bottles of Raffaella's red wine - well worth the experience

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

For a return trip to Italy we decided that a cooking class was an experience we wanted for this year. A very good decision to choose Let's cook in Umbria and a great experience with hands-on practice. Eating the product of our efforts with Rafaelle's homemade wine was so good! The group was small enough (6) that it was fun for everyone. We have already tried replicating our zucchini pasta and have put the tips provided by Stefania to good use. Thank you!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

There were 8 of us traveling from the United States and we stayed at the farm two nights and 6 of us did the cooking class. My husband had the massage (he said it was great). The cooking class was great, not only did we learn how to make the food that we prepared - Stephania provided us with tips to help in our everyday cooking. After our food was all cooked and lunch was to be served in the garden, when we stepped out into the garden, it was a perfect setting - like a movie set. Raffaella was a perfect hostess. The accommodations were perfect. Right outside our apartment was a fig tree and there were purple Italian plums and we were encouraged to eat them. All the little things that were done for us were wonderful memories. We all hope to return someday.

1  Thank 2002Willow
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed 4 nights and did 3 cooking classes and 3 excursion The cooking classes were great and will take the recipes and cook at home. The farm accomodation is rustic so dont expect 4 star accomodation.

Being able to eat the food afterwards was great. We had organised wine tasting after the cooking class and was picked up in a luxury car and had a great driver.

some other people had just done a cooking class for the day which if I had booked again may have done only 2 days instead and having a car would be useful otherwise your choice is to catch a taxi to the city which costs 25 euros.

Felt very welcome in her home and Raffaela was very accomodating.