“Memorable and inspiring..turn us to be overnight chef!”

Let's Cook in Umbria
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Hands on Italian Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Perugia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Culinary adventures in Italy: cooking classes, winery tours, truffle hunting and very popular cooking vacation programs that include accommodations and excursions to remote villages throughout Umbria and Tuscany.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Really change our food pallet in Italy allowing us to venture deeper to other types of Italian cuisine. Opened our eyes to food like gnocchi and cooking the correct way with olive oil. We even cooked pasta and thousand layer egg plant starter in Florence !
The cooking tour is definately a great family activity to plan when vacationing in Europe

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"fig tree"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We had a wonderful afternoon -- just my partner and me -- cooking with Stefania and Raffaella in a home kitchen at a farm above Perugia. (One note; it can be difficult to find; good luck with the GPS...) We arrived and were greeted warmly with a table laden with vegetables and the lesson began right away, with Stefania taking the lead on instruction. We made a peach crostata, pork loin with grapes, pasta with zucchini, and an incredible layered appetizer with eggplant, tomatoes and cheese. It was helpful that one of us took detailed notes on the recipe sheets provided, but the instruction was easy and fun and the resulting meal was delicious. Who knew we could make pasta and cook such a great lunch? The atmosphere is very relaxed -- you are literally cooking in a home kitchen -- and the hosts made the experience memorable. Now comes the test: can we make our own pasta at home???

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful half day cooking class with Raffa and Stefania. We were joined by another couple and the 4 of us had a great time learning new recipes and cooking tips. Stefania was very patient and knowledgeable and explained things clearly. The time flew by and before we knew it we were enjoying the fruits of our labors plus some wonderful wine. The booking process was easy and Raffa communicated all details via email. It was a truly memorable day and a favorite memory of our time in Umbria. I would highly recommend this class for all levels of cooks!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The cooking class with Stefania was excellent. Raffa had everything set up for us when we arrived and quickly prepared us an espresso! We felt so at home in Raffa's kitchen. The recipes taught me many things I had wanted to learn about Italian cooking. My husband really does not cook that much at home, but loved the class and did get into the experience. We met the nicest couple from North Carolina and enjoyed the food we had prepared with them with lots of luscious wine. Our only regret was that we only took one class - we loved it so much! We ended our cooking experience with a wine tour arranged by Raffa. It was wonderful. Camillo, our driver, took us to Arnaldo Caprai winery where we had a private tour and also gave us some special time in a few hill towns in Umbria. A perfect, perfect day in Umbria! We would recommend highly!