“Excellent quality, high price”

Ristorante Altromondo
Ranked #53 of 855 Restaurants in Perugia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Staff very kind and restaurant very nice. Few steps far from the main square. The quality of the food was excellent, no doubts about that. Honestly I would have expected bigger dishes: only 3 slices of roast beef per dish... Paying 5 euros a plate of french fries for my little daughter sounded to me quite exaggerated. All in all the place is nice, the food very good and tasty but, for the price I paid, I wouldn't have expected to go out the restaurant still hungry... I wanted to give it a try but I believe there are many other places as good as this one, in Perugia, serving bigger dishes for the same or a lower price.

1  Thank AdrianoRome

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were there early and had the run of the place before it got packed. Big portions of each course, lots of meat and pastas in a surprisingly big menu. Good wine collection too. Even in a town where you can't go wrong, it is a good bet that you will have a great meal.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was there for dinner on Nov. 12, 2013 with the Umbria Region Senior Meeting.... We had a great time and the food was very good. The customer service was very good and fast. They absolutely did not waste their time in bringing us the food. They were very polite to everybody. The atmosphere was excellent. We were all very happy with the whole thing. Two thumbs up for the team !!!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a very good tagliatelle al tartufo nero, although I have had more generous truffle shaving portions elsewhere. Cotaletta all a Milanese was good, as was side order of grilled veg. Fast friendly service. Prices are in line but not silly. I would go back.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stumbled upon this place & LOVED it. They brought a signature bean dish to our table before our meals which was incredible, and the veal pizzaiola was out of this world, as was the homemade gnocci and house specialty dessert. Not to be missed!