“Great option in town”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We were the only tourist at this restaurant. Looks like an hang out place for locals. The food is really good, especially the fried food ( looks like their speciality). The service has been great. We drunk the house wine and it was really pretty good for the price. If you are in perugia you must try!!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was surprised to find mixed reviews of this restaurant. Most of the dining options I have explored in Perugia during the last month have disappointed me: whether it was food, service, ambiance or prices, nothing was really close to what I call good dining. Nana was better than all the others, but overpriced, given Perugia's pricing scheme.

Altromondo proved a pleasant surprise: from the moment we entered the attractive digs and were given choice of table, till we left, happy & full, everything was right. Food tasty and appealingly presented, service prompt and cheerful, excellent wine list and sensitive pricing-- who can ask for anything more!

1  Thank Oliver S
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I first visited this restaurant on a trip in 1999. We thought it was excellent. Excellent local food, nice atmosphere and definitely not a tourist place, which we liked. I had written some notes on this in my journal and when we went back to Perugia in June of this year, I wanted to stop in again.

I was not disappointed. It was a week night and we went a little early, so it was not full and it was relatively quiet. The food was excellent and the service was also good. No, it does not have an English menu and the waitress did not speak English, but she was accomodating. There were many locals there who were obviously known by the restaurant staff. I have read some of the awful reviews and I can't imagine I was in the same place. In my view I would definitely go back to this restaurant and recommend it to friends.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The best thing about this meal was that the restaurant was very, very busy and by the time we started our main course there wasn't a spare seat in the place. The restaurant was full of local people and visitors who looked more as if they were on business than tourists. However, the meal was somewhat disappointing. We wondered if perhaps this was because we were ordering the wrong things. Certainly, apart from passing trade, this restaurant clearly was a popular place to eat in the area which would suggest that the quality was good. Unfortunately, my soup was bland and tepid, the main course unmemorable and my husband was served with a pile of crisps which he must have mistakenly ordered believing he had ordered french fries (like the US use of the word "chips"). The staff were nice but the food we had was decidedly average I am very sorry to say.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a nice littel place to get dinner and enjoy some great Umbrian cuisine. Don't expect the everyday Italian restaurant/pizzeria you could find anywhere in the world... this is where many locals come to enjoy regional recipes. The 'olive ascolane' are a great teaser! Anything you lay your finger on from the menu is bount to be delicous, really. The ambience is nice and most of their staff is friendly.