“Delicious!”

Antica Trattoria Delle Volte
Ranked #193 of 880 Restaurants in Perugia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tipical italian restaurant with particular focus about fresh fish recipe and umbrian specialties. Pizza si also avaible.
Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

We saw this place after we wandered up into town out of the corner of our eye, I just liked the look - I usually go off gut feeling about a place rather than the trip advisor rating, like so many people mindlessly following and being influenced by the internet these days.

One thing I've learned you can trust is one's gut feeling and intuition. We had a set fish menu that was lovely indeed started by a swordfish & rocket anitipasti followed by a delightful clam spaghetti main with buttery clams that slid easily out of their shells. The second dish was mullet and grilled aubergine that was really good and was a perfect finale to a lovely fish dinner. Finally we had a traditional Tiramisu to finish that was lovely and they even had an option of lemon as opposed to traditional coffee sponge if you choose.

Incidentally we had a bruschetta with 3 different toppings that was really good, I particularly liked the chopped green olives one! The waiter was friendly and attentive and had a very pleasant vibe about him. All in all we had a pretty perfect meal in this lovely little trattoria, highly recommended!

Reviewed December 29, 2015

My husband and just happened onto this restaurant while visiting Perugia. It is a family owned restaurant with all the pride that comes with it. I had the veal steak with green pepper sauce and it was wonderful cooked to perfection. My husband order the rocket salad with beef steak and it was equally as good. Our waiter was a young man who could not have been better. He introduced us to Tirmaue Limoncello ...needless to say it was wonderful. I loved the vibe so much we returned the next night for an equally wonderful evening. I love places like this...even when the restaurant is full you can still have wonderful dinner conversation . It was truly a treat.

Reviewed November 30, 2015

Nice little place. We had a good filetto di vitello [14], tagliatele al porcini [9],costle agnel [10], deserrts [4].

Reviewed October 28, 2015 via mobile

We went there for a dinner. Very nice portion of pasta and delicious too. But we were pretty disappointed with secondo. Chicken was dull and badly presented, salad not fresh at all.

Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

The suggested course
is a real deal, but if you order a three dish course will won't have a rip off and the food will be great, staff speaks English and service is good