Primavera Mini Hotel
  • Restaurant
$225
$218
$208
Alla Posta dei Donini(San Martino in Campo)(Great Value!)
$126
$106
$143
$121
Agoda.com
$84
TripAdvisor
Borgo Dei Conti Resort(Boschetto Vecchio)
$309
$273
All reviewsprimaveramaria teresaflights of stairsterrace roomboiled eggsapartment blockold townbed was comfortablewonderful terracefew minutes walk awaydouble roomshower cubicleno elevatorcakesexcellent locationyogurtwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great value and lovely hosts -right in the historic centre of Perugia. We stayed in the terrace room which is the only room on the top floor and has a large private terrace with views over the rooftops of Perugia and down to the valley below. The only downside with the room was that the roof is very low in the bathroom and my husband and I are both tall. But the view makes up for this. The family who runs the hotel are very friendly and helpful.

My one warning would be for people who are driving.... We had a real nightmare driving to the door. First our navigation system sent us into a dead end rabbit warren of tight old streets - I had to get out and walk down several lanes looking for something wide enough to get the car through..... Once on the right track the old streets still were very hard to navigate (don't try it with a big car). Our tip would be to drive to the Hotel's parking place (called Parkng Pellini) which is just outside the old city wall at the bottom of an escalator and about a 2 min walk to the hotel (but you will need to make arrangements to get your parking pass from the hotel). Then take a small amount of luggage up with you on (you wouldn't want to carry your big suitcases up the hotel stairs anyway).

Room Tip: Ask for the terrace upstairs
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dearest FlyingKiwi33 and Co,

it was very nice to read your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the room with terrace and all our staff.

It 's true, our small hotel is located in the heart of the historical centre of Perugia, where the road becomes more narrow and alleys unwind in a sinuous way to result in little corners of paradise.

It 's true that it is not easy to drive inside of all the historic centres of small Italian towns, especially with big cars. In addition to what you wrote me, your GPS didn’t work very well.

I would like to thank you for the good advice that you are giving to all Tripadvisor readers: "try to travel with light luggage: it will be easier to climb our stairs." And (allow me a bit of selfishness :) it will be easier for us to bring your suitcases :)

Thanks for everything!

Chiara & Co.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed for two nights this September at the Primavera, and thought that everything was very comfortable (except dragging our suitcases up the stairs!). But the best part was the service! Chiara was very helpful and let us keep our luggage there while we went to Siena for a night. Then when we asked about transportation to the Rome airport, the staff immediately found out the bus information, the price and Chiara even called the company to confirm details. Charming place and service--thanks!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Lin & Co,
I was so glad to read that you really enjoyed our hospitality and that you appreciated our help at times when you needed it. Ours is a mission and we very rewarding to help our guests, especially people like you who come to Perugia to breathe the fresh air that comes from our history and culture. Consider that the same room that you have occupied for the same price and service was deemed inadequate by 2 our Italian hosts. But fortunately, not all are equal
With my best regards
Chiara

Reviewed September 12, 2012

It hard to find and then you will walk a few steps up but very worthwhile staying at this very friendly family run hotel.
We were traveling on a moto Tour of Italy and it was great to have all of our parking arraignments handled and ready for us.
The hotel is very friendly and warm and accommodations are very clean and comfortable.
This is one to stay at in the heart of it all.

Room Tip: Hard to find but worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve48Texas
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Steve & Co,

it’s with great pleasure that we saw your comment, just a little time after your leaving! This means that it was really enjoyable to stay here at Primavera Mini Hotel. We are very happy and proud of this. The thing that makes us happier than everything else, is that you recognized our commitment to welcome our guests, and in this case..you. It’s not only a job for us, but also the result of our feeling. We really cared for your stay in Perugia and it’s important that everything was ok, including your moto tour in Italy.
A big hug from Primavera Mini Hotel staff and all our family.
With my best compliments
Chiara & Co

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We arrived there by car and after finally finding the hotel in the heart of the city centre, the parking was a puzzle! Alas(!!) the owner of the hotel was so helpful and lovely, even without speaking a word in english, he was offered to accompany me to a parking (Pellini parcheggio), situated at the bottom of the hill (as other users suggest, parking can be booked at the same time as the hotel room). There are a couple of escalators that will bring you back up to (more or less) the hotel door.
Hotel is situated in the second floor of an old building in the historical centre of Perugia. Our room had a very nice view over the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. It is well located for the traveller who wants to explore the Perugia centre on foot. Everything is within a few minutes walk. It is also very reasonably priced and I would recommend this as a value-for-money stay (cost in August 2012 for an air-conditioned double room, including parking and breakfast, was 80€). Only drawback -which does not spoil my overall good opinion for the hotel- is that the air-condition is old and therefore quite noisy!
Last but not least, the lovely owners of the hotel, who are genuine, courteous and so helpful!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluestam
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Bluestam,

thank you very much for your review!

It 's the second comment here on Tripadvisor, which speaks about my dad (who has never worked in the hotel and who has never studied foreign languages!). In your case, he was able to help you taking you to the parking through the complex traffic in Perugia in the days when my family and I were on holiday.

When I’ll refer to him your comment I'm sure that with pride and pleasure he will accept the compliments you gave him mainly because you recognized the authenticity and kindness that he and my mother have always made a point of honor transmitting to me these true values .

Thanks for everything!
Chiara, Francesco, Miranda, Roberto & Co

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is lovely and great value for money. I would classify this more as an upmarket hostel than a hotel as it is situated on the third floor of a building (no lift) in the old town down a tiny street. Although we found it easily, it this was more by accident than good navigation so others may have a problem. Bear in mind if you keep going up you are probably going in the right direction. Once you have dropped your bags off, you can park the car at the bottom of the hill and there are a couple of escalators that will bring you back up to more of less outside the hotel door. Parking costs about €5 per day and can be booked at the same time as the hotel.

We had a very charismatic twin room. It came with a ‘private’ balcony except that a gardener appeared just as we wanted to use it taking over 30 minutes to water a few plants which probably makes him a contender for the slowest gardener in Perugia. When we got the balcony to ourselves, however, the views were stunning.

Aside from the fantastic views, the location is also terrific being right in the centre of the old town with all the buildings, restaurants, museums right on the doorstep. It is also very reasonably priced and I would recommend this very highly as a value-for-money stay. Breakfast was extra, however, so you need to bear this in mind when making comparisons. But there was free tea and coffee making facilities in our room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear FrequentFlyerMan,

is with a sincere smile that I read your review. I liked it very much. Yours is the first comment on Tripadvisor in which there is a bit of irony that doesn't hurt! Indeed makes us less heavy the burden that we took trying to do everything possible to make our little world always comfortable and ready for our guests.

I remember to have received you the day of your arrival, then my family and I went on vacation, leaving many tasks to fulfill to our solid collaborators, without missing some tasks for my parents.

The slow and meticulous gardener is my dad who has agreed to take care of the terrace in my absence. Like his character confirms, it is a very precise and meticulous man that has accomplished the task assigned as a real soldier ready for duty! (Let me do a bit of irony :-).

I have to say that we have seen the results of his zeal when we came back! After a few days closed for holidays (also my parents went on vacations, and they are still on ) the terrace was flourishing and we even found, totally out of season, ripe strawberries that we planted in May!

I can't certainly say that he hasn't been a good gardener!

I Conclude. I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity of kidding between us in the family. Again, that's just what we needed!

With affection,