“Excellent hosts in a charming hotel in the historical centre!”

Primavera Mini Hotel
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Perugia
Athens, Greece
“Excellent hosts in a charming hotel in the historical centre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We arrived there by car and after finally finding the hotel in the heart of the city centre, the parking was a puzzle! Alas(!!) the owner of the hotel was so helpful and lovely, even without speaking a word in english, he was offered to accompany me to a parking (Pellini parcheggio), situated at the bottom of the hill (as other users suggest, parking can be booked at the same time as the hotel room). There are a couple of escalators that will bring you back up to (more or less) the hotel door.
Hotel is situated in the second floor of an old building in the historical centre of Perugia. Our room had a very nice view over the rooftops of the surrounding buildings. It is well located for the traveller who wants to explore the Perugia centre on foot. Everything is within a few minutes walk. It is also very reasonably priced and I would recommend this as a value-for-money stay (cost in August 2012 for an air-conditioned double room, including parking and breakfast, was 80€). Only drawback -which does not spoil my overall good opinion for the hotel- is that the air-condition is old and therefore quite noisy!
Last but not least, the lovely owners of the hotel, who are genuine, courteous and so helpful!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bluestam
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Bluestam,

thank you very much for your review!

It 's the second comment here on Tripadvisor, which speaks about my dad (who has never worked in the hotel and who has never studied foreign languages!). In your case, he was able to help you taking you to the parking through the complex traffic in Perugia in the days when my family and I were on holiday.

When I’ll refer to him your comment I'm sure that with pride and pleasure he will accept the compliments you gave him mainly because you recognized the authenticity and kindness that he and my mother have always made a point of honor transmitting to me these true values .

Thanks for everything!
Chiara, Francesco, Miranda, Roberto & Co

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is lovely and great value for money. I would classify this more as an upmarket hostel than a hotel as it is situated on the third floor of a building (no lift) in the old town down a tiny street. Although we found it easily, it this was more by accident than good navigation so others may have a problem. Bear in mind if you keep going up you are probably going in the right direction. Once you have dropped your bags off, you can park the car at the bottom of the hill and there are a couple of escalators that will bring you back up to more of less outside the hotel door. Parking costs about €5 per day and can be booked at the same time as the hotel.

We had a very charismatic twin room. It came with a ‘private’ balcony except that a gardener appeared just as we wanted to use it taking over 30 minutes to water a few plants which probably makes him a contender for the slowest gardener in Perugia. When we got the balcony to ourselves, however, the views were stunning.

Aside from the fantastic views, the location is also terrific being right in the centre of the old town with all the buildings, restaurants, museums right on the doorstep. It is also very reasonably priced and I would recommend this very highly as a value-for-money stay. Breakfast was extra, however, so you need to bear this in mind when making comparisons. But there was free tea and coffee making facilities in our room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear FrequentFlyerMan,

is with a sincere smile that I read your review. I liked it very much. Yours is the first comment on Tripadvisor in which there is a bit of irony that doesn't hurt! Indeed makes us less heavy the burden that we took trying to do everything possible to make our little world always comfortable and ready for our guests.

I remember to have received you the day of your arrival, then my family and I went on vacation, leaving many tasks to fulfill to our solid collaborators, without missing some tasks for my parents.

The slow and meticulous gardener is my dad who has agreed to take care of the terrace in my absence. Like his character confirms, it is a very precise and meticulous man that has accomplished the task assigned as a real soldier ready for duty! (Let me do a bit of irony :-).

I have to say that we have seen the results of his zeal when we came back! After a few days closed for holidays (also my parents went on vacations, and they are still on ) the terrace was flourishing and we even found, totally out of season, ripe strawberries that we planted in May!

I can't certainly say that he hasn't been a good gardener!

I Conclude. I want to thank you for giving us the opportunity of kidding between us in the family. Again, that's just what we needed!

With affection,
Chiara & CO
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This charming second-story hotel is ideally located on a quiet inner-city street, with the main sights just a short walk away, and provides lovely views over the rooftops from its windows. Parking can be a challenge, and will probably be some distance away (on a Sunday, I readily found a place at the bottom of the escalators on Via Checchi, but at other times?) In any case, if driving, you’ll want to plan your approach carefully.
But the reward is a bright, clean, and relatively spacious room with an ultra-modern bathroom, air-conditioning, free wi-fi, and limited but filling breakfast for only 60 Euro (single). The only problem I encountered that would normally preclude a five-star rating is that the otherwise friendly and helpful management essentially disappears for the night, and is unreachable even by phone (e.g., when I wanted to get the wi-fi password after 9:00 pm). But next morning, after a good night’s sleep, and after I received the very reasonable bill, I decided that a top rating was still in order.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Ranke,

beautiful its review on TripAdvisor and thanks for the 5 stars!

We know well the misadventure that you have to face when you arrive by car. I would like very much if you said these things also those who regulates traffic here in Perugia

We are sorry we didn't understand your difficulty to park, next time we invite you to take advantage of our ticket (5 euros more) for the nearby car park Pellini where there is always space to park.

TripAdvisor also gives me the opportunity to clarify that we specified, through all the means of communication, that our reception is open until 9pm. In any case we never leave our guests alone. In fact my phone is active 24 hours of 24 and we are ready to answer to every call.

The decision to limit the time of reception is probably considered a limit from the standards hotel but this is not unusual for our hotel. I consider the to conjugate the love for own guests with the complete devotion to my family a great personal and working success.

Thank you also for giving me the opportunity to express this additional nuance of our little world.

A friendly greeting
san francisco, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Excellent choice if you travel alone. Rooms are small but very clean and this MINI Hotel is very centrally located. The view is outstanding, really spectacular. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. front desk very efficient and helpful. I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear frank m,

thanks for your review. I am very glad that you appreciated every aspect of our mini hotel!

The thing that gives me most satisfaction is that even if you travelled alone you felt at your ease . We all always love to give a pleasant stay for who doesn't travel in company (like you) but that finds here a good company!

We hope to see you again!

Cordially
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was probably my favorite hotel of our two week trip to Italy. We stayed in the room with the terrace. The view was spectacular! It was great having breakfast up there. Location of the hotel was great and Chiara was very helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thanks Benjamin!
(and thanks to TripAdvisor!)

Reading your comment it makes me shiver and I feel very touched! I'm glad I gave you, and also to the person who accompanied you on the journey, a great vacation. It 's true, breakfast on the terrace is really something special! Thanks for kept us company!

A friendly greeting
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at this lovely hotel for 6 nights in May. The single room was very comfortable with plenty of space for everything. There was even a kettle in the room which is rare for Italy hotels. The hotel has a convenient location in Perugia. I took the mini-metro from the main train station (Fontivegge) to the last stop (Pincetto) and it's a 5 - 10 minute walk to the hotel (look for signs).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends for its comfort, value and cleanliness. Everyone at the hotel was welcoming and helpful in suggesting restaurants and sights to visit. The mini-fridge in the room was also a great convenience since I have food allergies. I was able to keep fruit and almond milk in there. My room was on the same floor as the breakfast room and had a nice view over the courtyard.

Perugia is the perfect base to explore other towns in Umbria. It's easy to get to the bus terminal and the main train station.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
pmh-perugia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Primavera Mini Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Coralie Hummel,

what a beautiful review you wrote!

Let me begin by apologizing for the long time with I answered to you. Sometimes there are so many things to do and it is no easy to answer immediately.

It is no also obvious that TripAdvisor publishes all the answers in a brief time. Before this can happen that they make a careful control of what we write. For example , in the replies you can' t post pictures, videos, and names of other sites. There are rules to be respected (rightly so!) and if Tripadvisor doesn' t follow them, it wouldn' t be that reliable site that it is over the years.

I was very struck by the immediacy and accurancy with you describes what you liked most in our hotel.
Your review stems not simply from a desire to communicate what you enjoyed during your stay, but also by the desire to help all travellers that want to explore Perugia and the rest of Umbria.
Thanks for the advices you gave to all those who want to take advantage of them, and heartfelt thanks from all of us that every day do everything possible to remain a good memory of our Perugia in all our guest' s minds.

With our best wishes
Chiara, Miranda, Roberto, Maria Teresa e Cristina
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We slept 2 nights in this hotel with my wife and my 2 children. We had the room upstairs, with a great sundeck. The room was very clean and big enough for us 4. The breakfast is not included, costs 5€ ; you also have a boiler in the room. We had an outstanding view from the sundeck and the windows.
The location is also very interesting, 300m away from the cathedral and 200m away from the metro station. There is no lift, but the owner is very nice.

Room Tip: The best room is the room upstairs