“Magnificent pasta.”

Taverna del Lupo
Ranked #8 of 125 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had a light lunch in a hot day. It became a delightful feat of tastes. They prepared the best lnguine alla buttarga we have ever had. The place is beautiful and classy. Service impeccable. Prices correct for the quality.

1  Thank Cdc T
There are newer reviews for Taverna del Lupo

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We spent a wonderful day in Gubbio, and this restaurant was recommended by a number of locals. The food was excellent... I had a pasta with battarga and tomatoes, and my dearest had veal and a side dish of seasonal vegetables. Service was professional and there were a number of nice touches, including a tasty plate of cookie with our coffee. Highly recommended.

1  Thank MKeren
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We wandered around looking at menus in windows & really stumbled across Del Lupo as we wanted to eat somewhere that had Truffle dishes on the menu & they did. From the first greeting, the staff were very friendly but obviously took their jobs very seriously - formal without being stuffy. We asked for assistance with both food & wine selection which was happily given. We had three truly memorable dishes. The first was the restaurants signature entree - a soft egg with shaved Truffles - you have to see it & taste it to believe it - the second dish was the home made Tagliatelle with Truffle & the third was the Scallopine of Foie Gras - they were all amazing. A great experience.

2  Thank Sue T
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife in spent a day in Gubbio while driving between Assisi and Rimini. The restaurant was recommended to my wife and we are so glad we stopped in for lunch! It was one of the best meals we had on this particular two week trip to Italy! Since this was our first trip to Umbria we made a point of trying as much local cuisine as we could, and I'd say that Taverna del Lupo was easily the best sampling of it we had! I don't remember exactly what we had (it was a few months ago now that we were there) but I'm pretty sure my wife had one of the local pastas with truffles and I had exquisite lamb and roasted potatoes. The wine list was impressive (we enjoyed a nice Rosso Montefalco), and the bread was amazing! Even if you find yourself in Gubbio only for an afternoon you won't go wrong eating some of the best regional food at Taverna del Lupo.

2  Thank arm90405
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Did not discover taverna del lupo until last year for some reason, maybe because it looked too formal for us when our kids were younger. I am sure it would have been wonderful even with young kids as the staff are so friendly. Wonderful restaurant, very interesting umbrian menu with great wines and gorgeous staff. Have eaten inside and out and out is definitely better but inside is good. can't fault anything. Would happily go back again, and again!!

1  Thank SimonNSW18