I visted Petroia with my dad and mom for one night.
Our schedule was very tight so we arrived the castel around midnight.
But the castel was twinkling brightly as if it is an early evening, and some people ran out to say hello to us as soon as we arrived at the door.
We got an impression that people of the castel was not sleeping to wait for us.
When we got in our room, we surprised.
The room was really warm, already.
They've already operated a heater for us not to feel cold from the first time.
They even gave us the larger room than we reservated.
The next day, on the way to go to Spello, they gave us another generous helping.
We were in a difficulty to find a good trasportation to our hotel in Spello.
The owner of the castel, the man I cannot forget for ever, took us there by himself.
The way to get there was not easy, but he asked people how to get there several times, and finally took us to our destination.
I remember his silent voice, warm eyes.
I promised him that I will get back there in a few years.
And I will.
I felt that Petrioa is not a place for making money but a place for making people happier and giving people as much as they can.
I wanna meet Dr.Carlos and the people there soon again.
And I hope they also could remember me, Asha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio