When we arrived at the Hotel it seemed like a dream come true, a beautiful Castle perched on top of a mountain with stunning views, this was only this beginning. We met Lucia and who escorted us to our room, it was incredible, the livingroom had a large fireplace, the bedroom was beautifully done and the bathroom was large with a whirlpool bath. The amenities; beautiful bedding, plush towles and toiletries were fabulous. From each room, including the bathroom, we had stunning views of the mountains and the valley. Lucia could not have been more helpful giving us a tour of the Castle grounds and providing us with the History.
The Dinning room is elegant and beautifully done with white table cloths and candellabra's, it is not stuffy just magical. We were not disappointed with dinner, Pork with cognac and pink peppercorns, Veal carpaccio, Veal tenderloin with mushrooms and pecorino cheese, Mint Sorbet for dessert.
Even though we were the only guest, the next morning's breakfast was incredible anything you could possibly want.
The staff were extremely professional, friendly and eager to make our stay perfect, which they did.
You must include this in your iternerary on your next trip to Italy, you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio