This is a place to see and stay at. So much history, so well preserved and in such a beautiful location. The owner is extremely gracious and spent time each day talking to us about this history of the castle and the area. That certainly enriched our experience. Our room was comfortable. The food was absolutely delicious. The breads, cakes and most incredible home made fig preserves were a great start to the day. Coffee was very good. Dinner should be Michelin rated. It was superb each day. The waiter was extremely professional and helpful with our food and wine selections. The Noci was the best!!
What a truly great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Midway through the ancient road that links Gubbio to Perugia, stands on the horizon the severe and majestic Petroia Castle. A path through woods and meadows leads to a huge gate, beyond which Petroia opens in all its beauty.The origins of the Castle of Petroia are to be found between the IX and X century, on the 7th June 1422 was born in Petroia Federico da Montefeltro, the most famous Duke of Urbino. The Castle of Petroia is composed of medieval buildings enclosed within the Castle's walls. The three buildings that make up the Castle welcome guests in spacious rooms: The ancient and authentic rooms are carefully furnished to create an elegant setting and a welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castello di Petroia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Di Petroia Gubbio
- Castello Di Petroia Hotel Gubbio