“A must to experience in Umbria!”

In Campagna Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Share a day with an Italian family. Join Letizia for a half day, hands-on cookery course in her restored farmhouse in the Umbrian countryside. The cooking classes offer an informal, friendly blend of modern and traditional Italian cooking techniques using ingredients that are fresh and in season. Lessons include a free market tour with gourmet tasting, the class, held in the farmhouse professional kitchen and plenty sampling of the delicious food prepared by the students. The cooking school has received enthusiastic reviews in Tripadvisor as well as press in several publications like E.g. Food and Wine magazine, National Geographic and BBC TV.
Perugia, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A must to experience in Umbria!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It was my first time having a cooking class with Letizia at her Agriturismo in Assisi. Everything was just perfect! Learning how cook special dishes, eating that great food we've prepared with Letizia, drinking good wines and smile a lot! Letizia know so much things of Italian cooking and not only. She is a wonderful host. Her kindness makes you feel so good. I loved her sense of humor which make everybody smiling a lot. The best ever part was also eating outside on their unbelievable terrace with gorgeous view! It's a must to experience in Umbria.

Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Skills not meals”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you're interested in learning to cook rather than just execute a recipe, this is the class for you. Yes, you will prepare a delicious meal (that you will enjoy on a beautiful patio), but you will also learn skills that you will use every time you prepare Italian-style food - and even just in cooking generally. The informal, wineglass-in-hand classes are easy to learn in and Letizia is an engaged and engaging teacher. It will change your pasta life. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Webjek
Rochester, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The 3 women travelers”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was the highlight of my 2 week trip to Italy. I learned so much about making pasta and Letizia made if fun and also her teaching skills are so good that you know you can make the pasta dishes when you return home. If I return to Italy I would love stay at her bed and breakfast and enjoy another cooking class and spend time relaxing on her deck enjoying the beautiful region her home is in. It was also helpful to learn more about the olive oils, cheeses, meats and balsamic vinegars and how to use it my cooking when I returned home. This is a MUST if you are in the Umbria region, you will learn much by a wonderful and knowledgeable cook, have Fun and enjoy wonderful hospitality.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Diane H
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wow! Worth going out of your way for!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I honestly can't say enough about our day. We started with olive oil, salami, cheese, balsamic and truffle tasting. That should have been enough except that we moved on to Letizia's beautiful place where we had wine and juice on the terrace overlooking the hills of Assisi. When she was ready for us in the kitchen, she had everything ready, including her patience. We made homemade spinach ravioli with zucchini and ricotta filing (in a lemon honey sauce YUM). We made spaghetti with leftover pasta dough with a tomato sauce and finished the meal with melon panna cotta. I have made pasta before and learned a TON on what I could do to improve my techniques (I had never stuffed pasta before so that was new). Our children spent hours working on the meal and still maintained their interest until the end. Our family gives this experience 8 thumbs up and has voted it the top experience of our 7 week European holiday. Thanks Letizia!!

Visited July 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Must Do and Unforgettable”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I could rewrite the review of A Don't Miss Experience below but I really could not agree more and write it any better.
I would add that if you are lucky enough to take a cooking class w Letizia Mattiacci @ Madonna del Piatto, it will be a most unforgettable experience even if you're a serious cook because it's way more then a cooking class! Letizia welcomes you into her own kitchen and shows you how to make a 4 course meal from scratch. She does it with a great sense of humor and respect for the beautiful fresh ingredients. If you want to really understand food in Italy and especially the Umbrian region's richness and simplicity, you MUST take this class!!!

Visited July 2013