“A Great Cooking Experience in Assisi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of In Campagna Cooking Classes

In Campagna Cooking Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Share a day with an Italian family. Join Letizia for a half day, hands-on cookery course in her restored farmhouse in the Umbrian countryside. The cooking classes offer an informal, friendly blend of modern and traditional Italian cooking techniques using ingredients that are fresh and in season. Lessons include a free market tour with gourmet tasting, the class, held in the farmhouse professional kitchen and plenty sampling of the delicious food prepared by the students. The cooking school has received enthusiastic reviews in Tripadvisor as well as press in several publications like E.g. Food and Wine magazine, National Geographic and BBC TV.
Bellingham, Washington
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Great Cooking Experience in Assisi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We took our cooking class on a sunny weekday in May and had a wonderful time. Whether you are a novice or experienced cook, Letizia offers a great class. She had us all meet at a wonderful food shop in Santa Maria Degli Angeli to sample and learn about olive oils, cheeses, cured meats, wine and truffles. Then, we drove up the hill to the charming B&B located just outside of Assisi.
The class is hands-on, but Letizia does a lot of prep work that makes it easy for her students. She is so enthusiastic about Italian food and is a wealth of information. Her English is excellent and she explains things very clearly. Her large kitchen is a great space to work in.
We made several interesting dishes (involtini, stuffed artichokes, a super moist potatoe dish and a yummy tart). We enjoyed our lunch (and plenty of wine) on the beautiful terrace with amazing views of Assisi and the valley beyond. If we are ever in the area again, we would love to stay at the B&B and take another class from Letizia.

Visited May 2012

• Hebrew first
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful cooking class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We spent a lovely day with Letizia in September when we were in Italy. We met Letizia and the rest of our group at a little deli in Santa Maria del Angeli where we tasted olive oil, vinegar, cheese and cured meats and selected our ingredients for the day. We then travelled to Letizia's B&B and Cooking School in the hills, it was beautiful. We had a lovely day cooking and eating the food we had cooked and shared it with the rest of our group. Letizia's classes made it all seem so easy and we learned so much as well as having a lovely day out!

Visited September 2011
3 Thank trumann
West Palm
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for a seasoned chef or a beginner. You will love it - I promise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Letizia went out of her way to make everything exceptional for our group. WE LEARNED SO MUCH!!! We had a very interesting meal and even had a taste of her homemade lemoncello! Everything was perfect.

The meal was enjoyed at a beautiful table setting with a bounty of food and a view that will not be matched by any other, no matter where you might travel.

We traveled quite a bit in Italy, and this was one of the very best parts of our trip. I will always remember the experience, and would enjoy spending more time with Leitizia anytime. She was wonderful.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Marsha A
Milan, Italy
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Foodie heaven-I cannot wait to return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this day! We met Letizia, and 2 other couples in a charming gourmet store in a small village near Assisi to taste and learn about olive oil, vinegar, cheese and cured meats. It was the perfect way to start the day. Letizia shared information that was very educational about how to choose these essential Italian ingredients. We then voted on our favorites and took some with us to have later for antipasto. The drive from the village to Letizia's B&B in the hills was beautiful, we knew as we climbed higher and higher that this would be a special place. Once we arrived, and after we met Google, her adorable dog, we all put on our special aprons (that we got to keep!) and Letizia opened some wine, and started teaching us about cooking in the Italian kitchen. She was a wonderful teacher, and assigned the 6 of us different tasks to help prepare our gourmet feast! We had fun sipping, chopping, laughing and taking photos as we worked on our lunch. The other couples were delightful and we enjoyed getting to know them. I love to cook and this day had been my dream while planning our trip- my husband was not so sure about taking a cooking class, as he is a novice in the kitchen, but he really enjoyed himself and I enjoyed every minute. We started by making the homemade panna cotta, which then set up in the fridge while we cooked. We chopped and prepared the ingredients for our lasagna (squash puree, zucchini with basil and garlic, chopped ham, bechamel sauce). We then made homemade lasagna noodles, a first for all of us I think, and Letizia did a great job encouraging us while we each took our turn making the pasta. After assembling our lasagna, we enjoyed our antipasto and wine on the patio while the lasagna baked. The lunch was exquisite, and we enjoyed our feast on the terrace overlooking Assisi and the valley. It was a wonderful day, one that I will treasure. I cannot wait to return! Thank You Letizia for being a wonderful teacher and hostess!

Visited September 2011
San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“A GREAT, DELICIOUS, FUN DAY--”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Being a Letizia student has been high on my bucket list and so finally this summer, I was able to cross it off (until we go back for lesson #2.) My husband and 13 year old son, who fancies himself an Italian cook, had a wonderful time with Letizia and the two other couples we joined. Letizia begins the experience meeting clients at a charming gastronomia in Santa Maria deli Angeli where she gives a short course in oils, meats, olives and cheese and picks up some of the ingredients for that day's lesson. I didn't resist the balsamic/fig topping which is wonderful on home made ice-cream

From here we climbed (via vehicle) up and up and up the lovely mountain until reaching Letizia's place in the clouds. It was hard to leave the view long enough to go into the kitchen. But we did as we had high learning expectations.

Several months ago I bought a pasta machine which was promptly returned after reading the directions, knowing that I would never-ever use it more than once--too many steps for me. But, Letizia taught us to make pasta using the same machine I had returned and it not only was not difficult but was a lot of fun. We laughed and learned. Our boy loved the experience and now we have our very own pasta machine again. Fun times.

That day we made two types of pasta and two sauces--one a simple tomato and the other an excellent sausage. We also made the classic Italian dessert tiramisu--yummy! After chopping, rolling, creating and cooking our way through, we were able to enjoy our meal on Letizia's lovely patio overlooking the surrounding valley and mountains. Oh--I should add that for those who like a little wine with their fun, it is there, too...it is Italy, after all.

The day turned out to be a very fun family event this summer. I think our boy enjoyed it even more than we did. The other two couples were generous and encouraging with him which we appreciated. So....if you are looking for a special way to spend a day away from sightseeing and crowds and want to make a different memory, think about this--you'll be glad.

Visited July 2011