“Beautiful!!!”

Williamsburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I found out about this from trip advisor. It was a moving experience!! Actually, they had just closed for their lunch break and the woman saw me and opened it back up for me and played the music. She took the time to let me in. She was in the car when she saw me, she did not have to get out just for me. This was a beautiful example of what Mary would want someone to do for someone else. The sculptures were so interesting and the woman explained each representation. I just got back from Assisi yesterday and I still feel moved by everything I saw and felt in the town.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Teresa880

Brisbane, Australia
655 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 622 helpful votes
“What a moving experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am not particularly religious, but something happened to me in this beautiful small 16th century church. The Italian created installation inside constructed in a shape of the symbol alpha and with omega over-top (the beginning and the end). You can walk into and view the 33 different pieces of wood from all around the world, crafted in the shape of Mary. 33 is representative of the years that her son lived on the earth, each piece is suspended in a glass cylinder and illuminated by light from over-top.

An attendant explained to us the meaning of the installation, as well as the small sculpture of Mary, when it is held in different positions, it shows many images of Mary's life. It was when I was invited to hold the sculpture of Mary that I was so overwhelmed with emotion, the whole experience I will never forget. We purchased a small sculpture before leaving. Please visit Santa Maria delle Rose during your stay in Assisi.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank kpiddy
Park City, Utah
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Unexpected experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Going into the Santa Maria Della rosa was life changing. I am not sure if it was just the name that called me but it was very moving. I purchased a small Maria. That I keep with me every day. A must stop on you walk up to the church. A great day trip. I am glad I stopped.

Visited May 2012
Alabama
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What an experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was a treat I never expected. Hard to describe how moving it is to hold the little sculptures is your hand.

Visited October 2010
1 Thank PegasusGM
ascoli piceno
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I came upon this exhibition by chance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

I was feeling very fragile on this trip to Asissi, I wondered into the church by chance and the minute I entered I felt like an electrical current had gone through my body. The music was haunting and placed around are 33 'forms' of Mary representing 33 years of her sons life. I was given one of the forms to hold and immediately held it to my breast, an automatic reflex but a most intimate and healing experiance. My son died of cancer 6 months ago. He lived 37 years. I found a little peace.

8 Thank saintjoan1