“A Special Place With Great Energy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 32 Shopping in Assisi
Phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Special Place With Great Energy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

After a long day of Church viewing, walking and shopping, my girlfriend and I found this treasure. It's a tiny place packed with quality wine and food. My friend who is a doctorate of food science suggested we go in here and have lunch. We had a lovely lunch with a fantastic wine. This place has a special energy that displays the positive feelings of Assisi. We bought wine and food to take back with us - it was quite reasonably priced!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank travelphix

Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in after striking out at all of the Assisi resturants left a lot to be desired. Fabrizio immediately started offering me sample after sample describing what it was and where it was from. Everything he offered was delicious. I went to find my grandmother and returned for sandwiches and salads. The sandwiches were huge and delicious! Made for an excellent lunch! I bought some of his tartufella to bring home and can't wait to try it!

Visited June 2014
Louisville, KY
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 170 helpful votes
“Good Wine & Cheese but a Bit Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

We had a very nice picnic style lunch at La Bottega Dei Sapori at Piazza del Commune with a plate of gluten-free meats & cheeses and 4 glasses of wine (35 euro which seemed a bit high). They also sell gluten-free bread, but were sold out. Seating was on a bench outside the shop. Seating is limited.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Delightful find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

As I was on an extended trip in Europe with limited ability to carry home the treasures of Assisi, I was delighted to find La Bottega dei Sapori in the heart of Assisi, a shop that ships to the U.S. I was encouraged to taste as many olive oils, spreads, wines, and balsamics as I could. The attendant was very knowledgable about each of the items. Knowing that I was purchasing the owner's own products, in most cases, and witnessing his pride in them was a bonus. When I left the store, Fabrizio ran after me to be sure that I had not forgotten my water.... While I did have my water with me already, I realized how very thoughtful he was.
My package beat me home. As I have been distributing the items, I purchased I picture this charming shop and the gracious proprietor and his staff. How glad I am to have "found" this spot.

Visited June 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Little Shop in Assisi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I lived in Assisi for 7 weeks for a language program and throughout my stay this remained one of my favorite places to shop. This shop offers some of the best cheeses and wines in the region of Umbria, and most of the items in the shop were created at the owner, Fabrizio's, farm.

The attendants in the shop are extremely friendly and know what they are talking about. Fabrizio is one of the friendliest men in Assisi and it is worth it to go in the shop just to make conversation with him.

Don't miss an opportunity to visit this shop and taste the wares.

Visited May 2014