“The best part of my Umbria trip! (Una gita stupenda e assolutamente vale la pena!)”
Review of Umbria by Bike

Umbria by Bike
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Francesco è stato davvero bravo dall'inizio. Lui è sempre stato piacevole, disponibile, e pronto di massimizzare la nostra esperienza in bici e in Umbria! Ti senti subito a casa con Francesco e sua famiglia (in particolare sua mamma!) Lui è veramente una persona speciale-- capisce proprio come si dovrebbe trattare la gente!

Siamo due studentesse e abbiamo fatto un giro bellissimo, abbastanza tranquillo, e totalmente vale la pena fra un paio di ore nella mattina. Francesco personalizza la tua esperienza basato sul tuo livello di fitness, ciclismo, e il scopo del tuo viaggio. Quando abbiamo finito il nostro paesaggio di più o meno 3 ore, non volevamo fermarci! Ottima qualità delle bici, del paesaggio, e della compagnia! Non posso scordare che ci hanno permesso di lasciare la nostra macchina nel loro garage e che la sua mamma ci ha fatto da mangiare del cibo buonissimo. Infine, è stato la parte migliore del nostro viaggetto in Umbria! Grazie, Francesco!

This was the best part of my friend and I's trip to Umbria. Francesco is an top-notch guy and cyclist; he was always available for any questions or advice for places to eat or visit in the area (Assisi, Spoleto, Santa Maria degli Angeli, etc.) He puts you immediately at ease and makes you feel more as if you are meeting a friend to go cycling rather than going on a tourist adventure! Him and his family (particularly his mom, who we had the pleasure of meeting) take you into their home immediately and go above and beyond with their generosity.

We are two students, one Italian and one American, and we did a gorgeous, 3 hour or so bike ride on a Sunday morning. Francesco really works to personalize your cycling experience based on your level of fitness, experience, and the kind of ride you are looking to do. When we finished our ride, we didn't want to stop! Truly high quality bikes, landscapes, and company :) We couldn't ask for more! And, I can't forget to mention that they let us leave our car in their garage to spare us from paying for expensive parking in Assisi AND his mom made us a delicious lunch, and served us coffee and gelato before we left for our long car ride home. Thank you, Francesco and Pieri family!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Sarah M

Beirut, Lebanon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Outstanding experience... from the inside out”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Francesco and his family offers a great service! We just were overwhelmed by their generosity... We felt more of being part of the family than being clients or tourists... If you are looking for an "out of the box" experience, go for Umbria by Bike. This guy knows how to do it!
With Francesco, my friends and I went on pilgrimage... by bike. Yes, we visited all the places where Saint Francis and Sainte Claire had passed, took all the time that we needed to pray, visit...take photos... meanwhile Francesco was waiting for us outside watching the bikes. This being said, there's nothing "formal" in this experience, not at all... Francesco was one of us, very friendly, always helpful and generously attentive. He even treated us a typical Umbrian breakfast generously prepared by his mom at his own place! By the end of the day, we went back to his place, had dinner with his parents... and what a dinner! These people knows how to do it... the right way, and by that I mean, with heart. Cherry on the cake: Francesco's father has a ceramic shop in Assisi... we wished we had some time to go visit as well.
Thank you Francesco for making this day one of the best in our whole trip ! Thanks for your generosity and for making us feel part of your family. Thanks for your great parents as well !
We are constantly sharing this moments with our friends and family.
If you don't want to be "just a tourist" in Umbria, call that guy.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Maya T
Chicago
“Rent from Francesco”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Francesco does an excellent job. He delivered the bike to my Agriturismo near Assisi, brought all the equipment I requested. When the helmet didn't fit me, he went to some trouble to get me the outsize helmet I needed. He is friendly and very helpful. I needed to break off the trip early (planned for 7 days, cycled 3 days). He only charged me for three days, picked up the bike from the train station in Maria Degli Angeli, and sent me off with lots of charm and good feeling, and a can of his family's "Umbria By Bike" olive oil.
All in all, I can strongly recommend this service. It was a great experience.
Stephen Jaeger, Chicago USA

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent service from Francesco Pieri”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Francesco Pieri from Umbria by Bike speaks English and offers friendly, extensive, expert service on bikes and equipment. He also has extensive knowledge of riding in the Umbria region. I would highly recommend Umbria by Bike.

Visited August 2013