“Visit to Assisi topped with a great lunch at OdP”
Review of Osteria Dei Priori

Osteria Dei Priori
Ranked #20 of 245 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant Osteria dei Priori is beautiful and very good.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We were served by Vincenzo the owner who turned out to be quit the enjoyable character. The atmosphere was great and the food was even better. The mushroom tarte starter was outstanding and we followed it with Pasta, sausage and mushrooms. Very reasonable with mom's home cooking feeling. Try it when in Assisi.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Staff very accomodating and service is excellent, price we paid 50euro for a small antipasto of salamis and crostatas 8 euro, wine from the region 16euro, two pastas 10 euros each and a cover charge of 4euros and water 2 euros. Fair pricing but we were really expecting more tasty pastas of boar ragu sauce on one and truffle, cream and mushroom sauce on the other pasta they sound delicious but were a bit bland.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here. The osteria appears to be a family-run restaurant, and the friendly service made us feel very welcome. The food is Umbrian and very inventive with tasty flavor combinations. I had wild boar ragu, which was wonderful, and the pork with a cherry sauce was very popular at our table. This restaurant is definitely a step above and I would recommend it for a night in Assisi. Be sure to make a reservation, though -- the restaurant was completely full throughout the night and popular with locals as well.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a very quiet dinner here in January 2014 - we were the only diners. We shared the boar ragu for first course which was very nice. I had chicken for second course; the accompanying olive and mushroom salad was particularly tasty. The highlight was my husband's beef dish, which was chargrilled to perfection.
The service was friendly and attentive and the owner and chef came to see how we enjoyed our meal. A romantic dinner-I would come again.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited in January 2014 and were the only diners. My husband and I shared the boar ragu for a first course and I had the chicken with olives and mushrooms and my husband had the beef for seconds. The food and wine were both excellent. Our hostess was attentive and very friendly - she spoke English and I tried to speak some Italian. We finished our meal with the white chocolate dish and caffe. Overall a great experience.