“Nice place”

Trattoria degli Umbri
Ranked #11 of 233 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to have dinner, had a glass of wine, bruschetta and pasta for 21€. The service was nice enough and took about one hour (the place was full).

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Seattle
“Wow, what a wonderful dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

First of all, this is a wonderful family run restaurant. Mr. Andrea and Mrs. Roberta work very hard to make this restaurant run smoothly, and they are such nice people. We had a wonderful asparagus pasta with the most delicate asparagus. So good. We then had veal and lamb secondi. Both superb. With a nice ensalada mista and good liter of house wine.....a bill of only euro 56,,,,, what more could you want from a restaurant, especially a restaurant in the center of beautiful Assisi. Grazie Andrea and Roberta.

• Visited May 2013
Portland, Oregon
“A Huge Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have to say, I normally love restaurants like this. But this was such a bad experience I had to write something as I found this trattoria on TA. Very bad service and very slow. We ordered the brushette to start and then waited about 40 min for our pasta. I VERY politely asked the owner (in Italian) if our food was almost ready, that we had been waiting a long time, and that almost every other table with locals who had come in after us were already eating or done. He got very defensive and told me "this isn't fast food", implying that I didn't know what a nice restaurant experience was. This most certainly was not it. No eye contact from the waitress, no explanation for the slow (too slow) food, the owner arguing with me even after I told him that I understood, and if our food wasn't prepared yet I would be happy to pay for our starter and wine and we could go, "senza problema", meaning, I wasn't being rude but I would have been happy to leave at that point as our food wasn't even being prepared. Mumbling under his breath to other patrons that it was a fast food restaurant, he went back and spoke to the chef and Presto! Our pasta was ready....all of a sudden. I had the tartufo, REALLY bland, didn't even eat half of it. My mother had the ravioli and she liked it, but really we were very hungry at that point. I'm sure there are better options that don't serve the locals first and leave the "turisti" to argue with the owner about their order. Very unimpressed!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank IntlSpy
England
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our third visit to this restaurant since under new management and again it was the most wonderful experience! Friendly welcome. Very helpful. English spoken. Extremely varied and interesting menu with something to suit everyone whether your taste is traditional or experimental. Wonderful local dishes both savoury and sweet. The house wine was excellent. I had the pasta with lemon and juniper sauce this time to try something really different and it was WONDERFUL ! My husband had pasta with Chinghiale ragu which was also excellent. For desert we had Panacotta ... the best ever but there was also a local strudel dessert which sounded equally delicious! We even were asked if our coffee was hot enough ! No one in thirty years as ever enquired about this! Excellent service. Excellent food and wine. Excellent location opposite the fountain in the main square and excellent deor.

• Visited April 2013
Dorset, United Kingdom
“First class friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were in Assisi today (2 adults and 1 toddler). It was bad weather. We were hungry and we stopped in here for a late lunch. We were nearly too late because we came just after 1430 and they serve until 1430. Luckily the waitress was kind and helped us get our order in quickly. We had a pasta dish with fresh spaghetti, bacon and chard and a roast chicken dish - the meat was moist and tender - both were really delicious. The desert - mascarpone cheesecake was good too. Our toddler loved the food and we felt very welcome. Super. Thank you!

• Visited March 2013