“A Place to Soak in Assisi”
Review of Bibenda

Bibenda
Ranked #1 of 237 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Drinks, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: Book your WINE, CHOCOLATE, OLIVE OIL TASTING now, Taste your esperience! The rustic-chic WINE BAR BIBENDA ASSISI is relaxing and warm atmosphere to enjoy your stay in Assisi. Here you could taste ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE produced by top wineries pared with tasting plates of the very best artisanal food : OLIVE OIL, COLD MEAT and CHEESES like wild boar, deer salami or black pork, well-aged cheeses, such as Canestrato from ASSISI (that cheese recently won the title of "BEST PECORINO CHEESE" at a major European competition). Doesn't that all sound yummy? We offer a CERTIFICATE INTENSIVE SOMMELIER COURSE and WINE TASTING ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE to individuals or groups in ENGLISH or RUSSIAN.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Place to Soak in Assisi”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is one of my favorite places in Assisi. I have been over ten times during my six weeks in Assisi. Nila, the owner, is one of the most friendly people in the world and is very willing to help with any of your questions.

The bar has an ambience that immerses you in the culture of Europe. There is light chiq music playing in the background while you enjoy some of the best wines that Italy has to offer, let alone Assisi.

If you plan on spending more than a few hours in Assisi it is worth it to make your way to Bibenda.

• Visited May 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Stockton, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent wine, even better service!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I have been studying here in Assisi for 6 weeks, and Bibenda was my absolute favorite place to wind down after a long day of classes. Nila, the owner, is not only very friendly, but is vastly knowledgable and passionate. Furthermore, she has the best collection of delicious local wines. The atmosphere is fun; the music is the perfect blend of mellow and danceable! Highly recommend this place to anyone who loves wine!

Assisi, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite wine bar in Assisi!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I lived in Assisi for six weeks and I absolutely fell in love with this place (I must admit I was there at least once a week). The atmosphere is so cosy and welcoming, and Nila is so friendly and knowledgeable. I love the meat and cheese plates and OF COURSE I love the wine. I loved it so much I shipped some back to the states. I highly recommend this place for any wine lover passing through Assisi!

Assisi, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Wine in all of Assisi”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I spent six weeks living in Assisi and I must admit I came to Bibenda at least once a week. The atmosphere is chic but welcoming and cosy, and Nila is so knowledgeable and helpful. It quickly became my favorite place for a drink before dinner. I love the cheese, the meats, and OF COURSE all of the wine. I loved it so much that I decided to ship some back to the states. I will always remember Bibenda and I hope to return someday. I highly recommend this place to any wine lover passing through Assisi.

Riyadh
“Excellent Cheese & Wine! ”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I came across this place on Trip Advisor as it was rated #1 in reviews. It's a terrific, cosy, and peaceful. I particularly love cheese & wine and this place offers one of the best. The owner is a very nice Ukrainian lady and she's been in the local newspaper. I recommend this place for those who want to have a great, quite, and tasty dinner.