“One of the highlights of my trip to Italy!”
Review of Bibenda

Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Book your WINE, CHOCOLATE, OLIVE OIL TASTING now, Taste your esperience! The rustic-chic WINE BAR BIBENDA ASSISI is relaxing and warm atmosphere to enjoy your stay in Assisi. Here you could taste ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE produced by top wineries pared with tasting plates of the very best artisanal food : OLIVE OIL, COLD MEAT and CHEESES like wild boar, deer salami or black pork, well-aged cheeses, such as Canestrato from ASSISI (that cheese recently won the title of "BEST PECORINO CHEESE" at a major European competition). Doesn't that all sound yummy? We offer a CERTIFICATE INTENSIVE SOMMELIER COURSE and WINE TASTING ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE to individuals or groups in ENGLISH or RUSSIAN.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I visited Bibenda during a recent family vacation to Italy, which provided wonderful balance during our day trip to Assisi. We sat and enjoyed our charming hostess, and a selection of her wonderful wines served with lovely local cheeses and prosciutto to renew our palates, after exploring some of the wonderful sights in the famous "city of peace." Nila knows wine, and she has a great selection of both local table wines to enjoy during the trip and premium and reserve wines from several regions of Italy to take home as souvenirs. My brother, who is a vinophile, was able to get an aerator, which he hadn't been able to find at several fine wine shops in the states. All this, while enjoying a respite from the heat of the afternoon in her atmospheric shop in a wine cellar with a vaulted brick ceiling. Both the beautiful 'mountain town' of Assisi and Bibenda were highlights of our trip to Italy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,870)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Bibenda is a lovely wine bar in a perfect setting. Up the road from the commune, or main piazza, you go down a stone street and see a couple of tables under the stone arch. These are part of Bibenda's special charm. As soon as you enter, you meet Nila, the owner and wine sommelier extraordinaire. My daughter and I visited last summer, and when we returned today, she greeted us with a warm welcome. Nila is so knowledgeable about wine and makes you feel so special in her beautiful cantina. Painted in lovely script along the wall is this motto: Un calice di vino che ti porta scoperto del mondo. A chalice of wine is your door to discovery of the world.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We were recommended this location by a server in Rome. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. The owner, Nila, was so warm, welcoming and knowledgeable. She served us fabulous wine and cheese and welcomed us with open arms. The selection of wine is tremendous and the atmosphere is to die for. You must support Nila upon your next trip to Assisi! This spot is not to be missed!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was my second visit to Bibenda Assisi; my first visit occured in 2011, with a group of about 20 friends. I knew then that I would visit Nila at her exquisite Wine Bar each time I visited Assisi. Two of my friends and I went directly to Bibenda Assisi the morning after we arrived in Assisi. Nila welcomed us with open arms, even remembered us from 2011! We enjoyed a great selection of fabulous Italian wines, and Nila assisted us in selecting a case of wine (each) to be shipped to the U.S.. We returned the next night to enjoy more wine with Nila and to continue our visit. I highly recommend this wonderful wine bar and it's owner to all who visit Assissi. You will never be disappointed, in either the wine or the knowledgeable Nila. Ciao, Nila!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Welcoming little hideaway with great wine expert - gave little explanation of each wine we were drinking - very nice...couple small tables outside tucked away in small cubbyhole / walkway - good escape when the weather is hot outside!