“Elegant and lovley!!”

Bibenda
Ranked #1 of 241 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Book your WINE, CHOCOLATE, OLIVE OIL TASTING now, Taste your esperience! The rustic-chic WINE BAR BIBENDA ASSISI is relaxing and warm atmosphere to enjoy your stay in Assisi. Here you could taste ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE produced by top wineries pared with tasting plates of the very best artisanal food : OLIVE OIL, COLD MEAT and CHEESES like wild boar, deer salami or black pork, well-aged cheeses, such as Canestrato from ASSISI (that cheese recently won the title of "BEST PECORINO CHEESE" at a major European competition). Doesn't that all sound yummy? We offer a CERTIFICATE INTENSIVE SOMMELIER COURSE and WINE TASTING ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE to individuals or groups in ENGLISH or RUSSIAN.
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Very nice local the owner Nila is very kind and she knows well all of the wines! Don't miss Bibenda if you are in Assisi!!!!

There are newer reviews for Bibenda

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Nila is very dedicated to good wine and small dishes to go with it. I had a wonderful afternoon with great wine and cheese-plates, later salami plate and the best wine to go with it! I recommend her for her nice hospitality but first of all quality!!

1  Thank Ballerina777
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I sought out Bidenda after seeing it's great reviews. What a lovely find! Nila, the owner, was amazing...engaging, warm, knowledgeable about wines and truly passionate about her business. She recommended tasty wines; helped me to find a special bottle to bring home and even introduced me to her friends when I stopped by a second time, during my solo weekend getaway. The atmosphere is cozy and eclectic and her wine selection is extensive. A MUST visit when in Assisi.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Pros: great ambiance, the owner was very informative and engaging, she obviously loves what she does, which has a great effect on the customer. The apps we got were delicious and wines were good. It's a little swanky, lots of books, great place to read and relax, or as we did, just visit with friends.
Cons: I got the cheapest wine, and it was 5.50 euros. Good but not great. I'm fairly confident it wasn't a whole four ounces. That's a HUGE pet peeve of mine; give me at least a full pour. I look like a Scrooge in front of my friends if I politely said "excuse me, but could you please top off my glass?" So I didn't. The cheese app, although DELICIOUS, was 12 small pieces of cheese, for about 10E. I think 7 would have been fair. If the bread was fresh, I might have forgiven these, but it wasn't. I know it's hard, but for the prices, I think she could have arranged it. I'd go back with friends, if they insisted, but I'll try a different place when I got back to Assisi with my family.

1  Thank MNataro
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice occasion to seat in a great bar in the middle of Assise!
You will be able to find wine from everywhere and Nila, the owner, who will be able to advise according your taste!
With this, don t hesitate to order italian ham salami and cheese, you won t regret it!

1  Thank Alex D