“A Jewel in the Heart of Assisi”
Review of Bibenda

Bibenda
Ranked #1 of 241 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Book your WINE, CHOCOLATE, OLIVE OIL TASTING now, Taste your esperience! The rustic-chic WINE BAR BIBENDA ASSISI is relaxing and warm atmosphere to enjoy your stay in Assisi. Here you could taste ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE produced by top wineries pared with tasting plates of the very best artisanal food : OLIVE OIL, COLD MEAT and CHEESES like wild boar, deer salami or black pork, well-aged cheeses, such as Canestrato from ASSISI (that cheese recently won the title of "BEST PECORINO CHEESE" at a major European competition). Doesn't that all sound yummy? We offer a CERTIFICATE INTENSIVE SOMMELIER COURSE and WINE TASTING ASSISI and UMBRIA WINE to individuals or groups in ENGLISH or RUSSIAN.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I sought out Bidenda after seeing it's great reviews. What a lovely find! Nila, the owner, was amazing...engaging, warm, knowledgeable about wines and truly passionate about her business. She recommended tasty wines; helped me to find a special bottle to bring home and even introduced me to her friends when I stopped by a second time, during my solo weekend getaway. The atmosphere is cozy and eclectic and her wine selection is extensive. A MUST visit when in Assisi.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Pros: great ambiance, the owner was very informative and engaging, she obviously loves what she does, which has a great effect on the customer. The apps we got were delicious and wines were good. It's a little swanky, lots of books, great place to read and relax, or as we did, just visit with friends.
Cons: I got the cheapest wine, and it was 5.50 euros. Good but not great. I'm fairly confident it wasn't a whole four ounces. That's a HUGE pet peeve of mine; give me at least a full pour. I look like a Scrooge in front of my friends if I politely said "excuse me, but could you please top off my glass?" So I didn't. The cheese app, although DELICIOUS, was 12 small pieces of cheese, for about 10E. I think 7 would have been fair. If the bread was fresh, I might have forgiven these, but it wasn't. I know it's hard, but for the prices, I think she could have arranged it. I'd go back with friends, if they insisted, but I'll try a different place when I got back to Assisi with my family.

1  Thank MNataro
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice occasion to seat in a great bar in the middle of Assise!
You will be able to find wine from everywhere and Nila, the owner, who will be able to advise according your taste!
With this, don t hesitate to order italian ham salami and cheese, you won t regret it!

1  Thank Alex D
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If in Assisi, you must stop in to Bibenda! A beautiful little gem of a wine bar with great selections. The owner, Nila, will help you pick a perfect wine and she offers great food as well to pair with your favorite wine. A perfect stop in between your sight seeing. This New Yorker says go, go, go!!! A wonderful experience!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I recently traveled through Italy and had wine tastings at 4 different places. Bibenda was my favorite. Nilla was knowledgeable and explained everything so well that I felt like an expert on wine when I left there. She spoke English very well and made us feel right at home. We had 5 different wines to taste, with snacks, and paid 15 euros per person. We were looking for a specific wine from another province and Nilla was able to find it for us and ship it home. My only regret is that we didn't find Bibenda on our first night there. We would have spent every evening trying a new wine.