See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 11, 2006

I'm an Italian Traveler so I must write in English....anyway....
We stayed in this hotel last year on July, for three nights and was a perfect location to see the whole town. Breakfast was very good ( hand-made cakes and coffee, and also a lot of other things.. ).
The front-desk staff was always helpful and ready to give suggestions and directions.
a great thank you to let us have a wonderful stay in such a beautiful city as Assisi is.
( Preferred restaurants : Osteria Pozzo della Mensa and Ristorante Pallotta.)

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank SimoneContin
Reviewed August 16, 2006

We had some concerns about the standard and quality we would meet in a 2* hotel but these concerns were quickly dispelled on arriving at the San Rufino. What a great little hotel! We had two double rooms, both of which were spotlessly clean. Although there was no air-conditioning, the rooms were pleasantly cool and remained so through the night. The bathrooms were spotless and well-equipped with towels and toiletries. The only criticism we had was that the decor of the rooms was a bit on the austere side and the kids found the big crucifix over their beds a bit scary. But hey, it's a pilgrimage town so I guess this can only be expected.

All the hotel staff we met were both pleasant and helpful. The breakfast, for which we paid extra, was excellent value and there was a wide variety of options to choose from. And top marks to the young receptionist who, on our arrival, kindly reminded us that breakfast was not included in our reservation but could be supplied for a small extra charge. There's a good sales woman in the making!

The location of the hotel was excellent and the surrounding area is full of atmosphere. All in all, we had a very pleasant experience and I would gladly recommend the San Rufino to friends and family for its extremely good value, its high level of cleanliness and, most of all, its enthusiastic and very welcoming staff.

3  Thank Anne H
Reviewed January 23, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a stay at Il Duomo - sister hotel to San Rufino. We loved it. The room was so large and clean. It only cost 44 Euros for the night. From previous reviews, we decided not to pay the additional 4.50 Euros per person for breakfast and had pastries and large cappuccinos at a bar around the corner for only 6 Euros with table service. Be forwarned about church bells at 7am - but this is Assisi and no escaping. Also, you can hear people in the other rooms. I recommend asking for a room on an upper floor. This did not bother us though, you are in Italy, what do you expect?!?

The staff was very helpful and nice. The hotel was very easy to find.

• Stayed: January 2006
4  Thank italytravelers
Reviewed June 27, 2004

We stayed at the Hotel San Rufino for two nights in June 2004. The location in okay. The main city square is a five minute walk down a really steep hill, which you must climb to get back. The staff were really nice especially when one in our party sprained her ankle; they gave us plenty of ice. They advertise a bar but I never saw it open; we went to a nearby cafe if we wanted anything. The rooms were HUGE!! We had two doubles. Both had a queen and a single - amazing! There was also a TV, phone, bureau, 2 huge chairs, a desk, and still TONS of room to spare. The place seemed recently renovated with new paint and flooring. The bathrooms were big but with only a tiny shower - the drain with a curtain type. Would stay here again just for the extra room!

5  Thank Inspiration29966
Reviewed September 3, 2003

We stayed at the San Rufino for three nights during our month in Italy this summer, and we couldn't have picked a nicer place. My husband and I had a double that was very spacious, clean, attractive, and close to everything. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast service was good, with a delicious homemade torte served each morning that was made by the young woman at the desk. This place was a terrific place to stay. I would go back there in an instant!

8  Thank Roam26511