“Italy guide extraordinaire!”
Review of Anne's Italy

Anne's Italy
Ranked #4 of 11 Tours in Assisi
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My two girlfriends and I had the pleasure of spending a day with Anne in Spello for the Infiorate festival. Despite the the throngs of people, we were treated to a personalized tour of this wonderful event.. Anne navigated us beautifully through the amazing floral murals created on the streets explaining everything as we walked. Her passion and love for this wonderful country and its culture shines through everything she does and says. We thoroughly enjoyed our private lunch and wine tasting at a local restaurant and our special, personal visit with Friar Paul of Saint' Andrea Church. Wherever you go with Anne in Italy, she will not disappoint!

There are newer reviews for Anne's Italy

Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I spent a week in Assisi and had the pleasure of spending a few days with Anne. One word: incomparable. Her knowledge, insight and passion for the area not only impressed me but left an unforgettable imprint with me. She is the real deal. It was a privilege to have had the opportunity to have lunch in her home. The food she prepared was simply incredible and incredibly simple. Wow, tomatoes and turkey never tasted so good - so flavourful. Thank you so much for a memory that will be with me forever. Gina H

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I had been to Assisi twice - once for a typical day tour, another on our own with a guide book. For our most recent visit we wanted insight into what Assisi is really about, not what tour guides and books all state word-for-word. We wanted to learn and experience Assisi's culture, food, people, history, and know more about Francis himself. With Anne we were able to accomplish and experience all of this through a personal half-day tour. As we walked the little streets of Assisi with Anne, she shared stories, facts, events, and amazing information that we had never heard, and would never have known, if it weren't for her wealth of knowledge. Her positive personality and great sense of humor made us feel as if we were part of this magical town. Anne introduced us to various Assisi residents and shop owners as if we were her long time friends. It felt as if we were touring with a professor of Assisi history AND a friend! We love Assisi even more now, thanks to Anne!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Anne was absolutely fantastic and made all the difference on our tour of Assisi.
We had a group of 4 families with kids ranging from 3 to 10 years old.
Anne was brilliant with the kids, and kept everyone engaged (adults included).
Our farm-to-table lunch at La Fontanella was the perfect way to end of our Assisi.
Can't wait to your the rest of Umbria with Anne!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I recently was in Assisi for a month in May and had the pleasure of a tour of Perugia and then a delicious lunch at la Fontanella with Anne in Assisi in the restaurant's picturesque garden. Anne's tours are always energetic, informative and fun, as she is. I had the pleasure of seeing Anne in Maryland in March when she was in the US to do cooking classes and where friends in Maryland were hosting one. It was a delightful evening with everyone in the kitchen helping with preparation in some way, nibbling and sipping Prosecco and Italian wines before we all sat down for a big delicious Italian dinner and more vino(!) that was wonderful. I thought that couldn't be topped and then in May during my stay in Assisi I was invited, along with a friend visiting me from America, to her country home just outside Assisi for dinner. It was a perfectly delightful evening being in a warm and beautiful Italian home and savoring a delicious and delightful meal with Anne and her family. Her Italian husband Pino and grown son Keegan had brought huge just-picked fava beans from their garden, some of which Anne prepared in the most tasty fava bean and potato dish I've ever tasted. Seriously. The whole experience was just so Italian, the kind that most visiting Americans don't have the opportunity to experience. We were all so into the experience that after dinner we insisted on shelling the rest of the fave around her huge Italian table over Vin Santo and lots of laughter. Thank you, Anne, for your generosity and for such a lovely evening - as well as some of my most authentically Italian experiences. I look forward to the next time I see you!