“A Little Disappointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were enticed into this restaurant for lunch by a very friendly waitress standing at the entrance to a small laneway leading to what looked like a very pretty outdoor restaurant. I ordered a glass of Prosecco for 6 Euro and what I got was in fact half a glass. My husband had grilled vegetables which were OK and the lasagne which was very disappointing, no meat could be detected and the tomato sauce tasted as if it was from a jar. I had the lamb chops which were a better choice, cooked and seasoned very nicely along with a mixed salad. The waiting staff even seemed a little indifferent. Average experience.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Pleasant enough but our request for tap water was refused with the excuse that it wasn't available though I somehow suspect that the water which subsequently arrived and was charged for came straight from the tap. Service was quick and friendly and the food was good (we had the set lunch) if not particularly exciting. I can however praise the fish course which in fact was so large that two of our party were defeated!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

After being turfed out of Osteria dei Priori, I was walking along Via Ruffino where a smiling waitress invited me in. Such a contrast! Unfortunately, service was so bad that I waited for 20 minutes (no exaggeration!) before anyone bothered to bring me a menu. The food, when it came, was very average. Caramella di Sfoglia, a pastry stuffed with melted ricotta, was ok apart from the mean portion of parmesan and truffle sauce, but the Vitello al Aceto Balsamico was nothing at all as good as in Restaurant Metastasio, and the same goes for the Tiramisu. It's cheap though, so you don't feel ripped off, even for average food and poor service.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Small restaurant in the unexpected place. Very good food and service as well. We enjoyed every moment here.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Very average food with lackluster service. We went with kids and found it very disappointing. The waiters really were not too interested in their work and the smoking kitchen staff as you entered the alley did not do the atmosphere any favours.