“Very disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This restaurant was recommended in the guidebook we were using and it turned out to be a big ripoff in our opinion. We went there this afternoon for a late lunch. We both ordered different salads and both came with all iceberg lettuce. Mine came minus the cheese that was supposed to be in it and I had to ask for it. They did bring it so maybe it was an oversight. However, we each ordered one glass of house red wine. In a place where the salads were 6 euros and 6.5 euros, the two glasses (total) cost 12 euros. For house wine. We have been traveling in Italy for 2 weeks and nowhere have we paid anywhere near 12 euros for 2 glasses of house wine. I feel we were completely ripped off on the wine. There was also a 4 euro cover charge, which is not unusual. But in the end, for 2 mediocre salads and 2 glasses of house red wine we were charged 28.50 euros. I guess they figure we are not coming back, but others should be warned. The charming atmosphere did not make up for this experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for an early dinner. We were very pleased with the atmosphere and the bruschetta Our entrees were also good but the bread was stale and the wine options not very good. As long as your expectations aren't high you should be good.

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Our family had our first Assisi pizza here-my son who'd been travelling through Italy with a school group said it was the best he'd had! It's 20 yrs since I've enjoyed real Italian pizza & it was everything & more I remembered- delicious!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped in for a quick lunch. We ate outside and shared a pizza and a carafe of house wine. We found the staff very friendly and the pizza was excellent! Enjoyable lunch in a charming alley.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Came here with a young family and i found the staff to be helpful and quick. W did turn up right at the start of the lunch hour and out of season but i found it a reasonable place to stay.