“The Old Stable, and thats exaclty what it is,”

Ristorante La Stalla
Ranked #33 of 238 Restaurants in Assisi
Cuisines: African, Filipino, Polish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our family style restaurant, with its blackened stone walls from the hearth, serves delicious traditional Umbrian food. Enjoy a variety of dishes from the wood-fired grill or the many other entrees available. Closed on Wednesday.
Italy
“The Old Stable, and thats exaclty what it is,”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

cosy, noisy, atmospheric, great place for lunch after a visit to Assisi, large open grille, typicall Umbrian food, I always take my guests here and they always enjoy it.

New York, NY
“Best Potatoes EVER!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This place has the best potatoes ever!!! They are done in wood ashes and they taste amazing! IMPORTANT!!! Please, don't put anything else on these potatoes aside from olive oil and salt. I have seen some foreigners put Parmesan - PLEASE DON'T DESTROY THEM! Any grilled meats and Torta al Testo is wonderful also! I would skip pasta dishes though... Enjoy!

• Visited December 2011
new york
“So disappointed”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Called to make sure they were open. Drove quite a ways to get there and then found out it was self service and outside only. Couldn't they have mentioned this when we called we had been there last year and really liked it

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Lovely traditional restaurant - good value”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I first stayed here when I was five. It is one of my great memories.

I am now 35 and my family now have a house near by in Todi. We make a point of going there whenever we go.

The food is simple, but superbly cooked. In high summer you sit outside, but other times you walk into the most amazing medieval stable with an open fire and watch them cook your food. (Not possible in August - far too hot!)

In terms of the menu, there are a a lot of grilled meats. I recommend the polenta with sausages with a tomato sauce and parmesan (the dish I had when five) and (Dio Mio!) the flat breads with local sausages and greens. Just to die for.

For vegetarians (my brother is) try the baked cheese with honey and breads, their lovely pastas or the flatbreads with greens.

Very good price. Recently went there with a group of SIXTEEN - two courses, wine - 350 euros, 400 with the tip, so about £20 a head.

GO, GO, GO!

• Visited May 2011
Slovenia
“What a service”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I really do not understand why La Stalla is so popular. My wife and I walked on a hot, sunny day for more than half an hour to reach the restaurant because of good reccomendations. I cannot express, how much we were dissapointed. Whe we arrived, there were a classic "restaurant" with no charm at all. We sat at one free table and wait for to be served. We were very thirsty, because there were quite a walk from the San Pietro gate.

After 15 minutes of waiting, one preson come from the restaurant and said, that it is too late to be served. I mentioned him that guests that came later than us were served, but he just rudely said repeated, that we are too late. When I said if we can only have a drink, because we were really thirsty, he ignored us.

Really strange experience. I cannot understand all of those reccomentadions, since the restaurant is in Umbria, where there are a lot of really charming "Agroturismo" all around.

Visited June 2011