“Alle Porte Del Paradiso - I feel I have come home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Assisi Retreats

Assisi Retreats
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Year round sacred pilgrimage retreats with meditation and meditative movement and yoga. Here you can connect to the unique peace of Assisi. This is a unique experience into the sacredness of this ancient hilltop town. We are dedicated to cultivating inner peace and happiness. By giving oneself a retreat in Assisi we experience it's profound spirit & beauty. As we bring this into our daily practices, our contemplative journey becomes especially powerful and memorable.
Kronberg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Alle Porte Del Paradiso - I feel I have come home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

Many years have passed since I have first met Bruce and Ruth on their Retreats in Assisi and on their beautiful farm near the town. I have no words for my gratitude to God and His Grace which guided me to find them. I did not know what to expect when I came first and that was good. I just came with an open trustful heart. With Bruce and Ruth guidance as spiritual teachers and friends I was able to feel the intense Sweetness of the Holy Places in Assisi and the shelter and protection offered when I went trough phases of pain and guilt. How blessed I felt when there was relief, forgiveness and joy from "above". My last Retreat with them was in June/July. Every time when I come to sit in Silence there is a "message" and I am always surprised of what is shown to me. Becaus it is so true and right. We all are connected to a pool of wisdom. A friend of mine said the other day:"We are whole, we always have been, but we have forgotten. Still there is something in us which longs so much to remember."
My prayer for today: "Dear God, let me not waste time, life is so short and let me walk my path with a sweet courageous heart, Amen."

3 Thank KruegerKronberg

Assisi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Discovering Peace in Assisi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

I recently participated in a 5-day retreat at the Assisi Retreat Center with Bruce and Ruth Davis. My experience was profound and enlightening. Through simply focusing on the beauty of nature and experiencing silence with daily meditation and sacred movement, I experienced the profound peace that brings me closer in my relation with God. It is a treasure to experience this in a world that is sometimes hurried and superficial. I can now bring a sense of peace to me more readily. The location is truly a paradise and Ruth and Bruce Davis are dedicated to helping others find their path, while honoring each person's needs for spiritual growth. I am thankful for this experience and highly recommend it to others.

2 Thank cieloterra
San Juan, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is a unique and wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have been visiting the Assisi Retreat Center for the last three summers. It is an unique and wonderful experience all together. A perfect balance of the essential elements for an opening and transformation of the spirit: contact with beautiful natural surroundings, sense of community, silence and solitude. All of this sheltered by the big open heart, full of love and generosity of Bruce and Ruth, our spiritual guides.
If you are looking for a place where your soul and heart can open and heal, you should visit Assisi Retreat Center and abide in it's peace. Highly recommended!

2 Thank ingratitude
Davenport, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beauty and Rest and Simply Peace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

I have now been on about 7 retreats with Bruce and Ruth and the retreat center has become a place of renewal and spiritual grounding. I took a group recently and they found the retreat with Bruce and Ruth to be the highlight of the trip, even over Rome and Florence. It is interfaith, though focused in St. Francis (the Assisi Retreats) and the mystical tradition. I find the openness to many faith traditions refreshing in a world now so divided. Bruce gives beautiful guiding images that allow St. Francis to speak in a contemporary way. He and Ruth are genuine and deeply loving. Much focus to individual times of silence and being with God. I leave reminded of how I am beloved and able to bless others again. Amazingly affordable and the retreat center is an Umbrian farm beautiful, lovingly finished and cared for. Ruth is a bright, uplifting presence. They reflect St. Francis in their lives.

2 Thank AllenShed
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love, Peace, Shelter and Joy - Assisi Retreat Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

October 2004 was my first time visiting Assisi and getting to know Ruth and Bruce - it felt like finally coming home. A place to be. A place where I was allowed to be the way I am. Assisi itself has a special energy, a special rhythm, a special tune.
The space that Ruth and Bruce have created there and now are holding for us is a big big gift for everyone who is willing to step onto his or her live path. The support of Assisi, the farm and the two of them is so gentle and caring. The silence soooo pure. I will continue coming back, cause for me it is a place that I call "my patrol station". Thank you ever so much.

2 Thank Carolablume