“Always a Treat”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Siena. It's off the main tourist path and is worth seeking out. The setting is intimate, the menu is in Italian only, and the food is delicious. I usually order ribbolita, a regional dish. Salads are a good size, the house wine is inexpensive and tasty, and I always enjoy the liqueurs that are brought to the table at the end of the meal. The house amaretto is especially nice. Service is friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,390)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My hotel recommended this place and I was hesitant it would be a tourist trap. Not so! Locals were eating in the restaurant and there was a great deal of camaraderie among the waitstaff and the locals. Menu had many choices. I had the small antipasto followed by pasta with vegetables and both were fresh and tasted great. The waiter was attentive right up until dessert and after that he disappeared; it took forever to get my check -- which was quite reasonable.

1  Thank Samcat1
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were staying at an hotel just a few minutes away from this resturant, although the menu was in Italian they were happy to transalate for us . The food was very good and reasonable, and the house wine was excellent at 6euros for a litre.They seemed to apprieciate my husband trying out his limited Italian on them, because unlike other tourists at the end ot the meal 2 bottles of liquers were placed on the table for us to help ourselves too. According to my Italian friend they usually only serve liquers in the bottle to Italians, not Tourists.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is close to Hotel Athena where were were staying. We did not have a reservation but were early birds. The waitress was very friendly and spoke English and explained the menu as it is in Italian. The spaghetti was nice and fresh. Veal was sliced thinly and there was lots of it. Vegetables were ok. Pork was very tasty also. Nice family run restaurant full of locals. Very reasonable price for three adults E68. Oh and coffee was excellent. Complimentary amaretto and grappa was a lovely touch to end our lovely meal.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant was an easy walk from our hotel.We were seated downstairs and served quickly and efficiently. The menu in Italian only but we were happily given assistance and recommendations. The food was generous, tasty and home made. The atmosphere was friendly with other diners and we were soon chatting away.Complimentary grappa and amaretto and good house wines made up a most enjoyable evening.