“An expensive treat...but totally worth it”

Tre Cristi Enoteca Ristorante
Ranked #69 of 541 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've been here a few times, but haver never ordered off the menu. There is a set menu of around 5 courses (maybe more...). Each course was a fish or seafood dish and each tasted AMAZING! If you like seafood, then this restaurant is perfect for a special occassion!
It's a little tricky to find. Living in Siena, I still have to think ho to get there!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Twelve friends on a wine trawell got hungry. Tired of meat we searched for a restaurant with good fish and seafoodrestaurant. Siena, in the middle of the countryside, far from the coast can't be the place for seafood. We were wrong!!! Our exellent Guide Liv from Vrådal, told us to go to Tre Cristi. Don't hesitate it was worth every euro.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

A lovely restaurant in the back streets of Siena where my husband and I had dinner last week.
However I found the experience very underated and expensive for food and service.
We tried the seafood degustazione menu at 65 euro per head and to be honest were not ‘wowed’ by the gourmet experience as we had expected to be. The seafood was all very fresh, but lacked in flavour and innovation especially the branzino, ( a small portion) served with overcooked steamed vegetables.
The waiter was pleasant enough, but apart from taking the order and bringing the food and clearing there was no other service, we had to top up our own wine and water, which is not a problem as such but when paying that amount of money you expect a bit more service. The experience should be a package.
I hope this review can be taken as constructive critism so improvements can be made.

1  Thank shirlitalia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our party of five just dined there the night after Thanksgiving, our last night in Siena. It is a lovely, white tablecloth restaurant restaurant with a (literally) large menu that was a tad oversized. Like others mentioned here, our group chose the 3-course tasting menu (40€ per person) but there was also a 5-course menu for 55€. Since I had read that there was an appetizer plus an aperitif plus dessert, I was not concerned with counting what came to the table. You can imagine my surprise when I received the bill and saw the 55€ charge per person! Since we obviously had consumed what appeared before us, I was in no position to dispute it (nor did I want to make a fuss in front of the family)The quality of the dishes was good as well as the service . As others have said, you should not expect large portions. However, the higher price for the meal was definitely not good value.

3  Thank Savvymom101
Reviewed November 2, 2012

After a few days of eating pasta and meat in Siena we have decided it is time for fish.

Although the place was fairly quiet on that evening we have found the fish and seafood to be perfectly fresh, served in innovative ways and tasting absolutely great.

It was so good and so much that we actually had to take a bit of a longer walk on the way back to our hotel to burn the excess calories ;-)))

The staff at Tre Crisiti is very helpful, speaking very good English and helpful in accommodating any changes to the dishes that you may want.