“Just perfect ”

Ranked #28 of 584 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Osteria typical Siena / Tuscan family environment 20 meters from Piazza del Campo
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We are staying in Siena for a few days and tried all the restaurants around and this one outstanding because the service is wonderful and the food is just precious everything is homemade in the premises and they really do a wonderful job with the local ingredients and the food is just marvelous I would suggest to everyone that gies to Siena I had the best carbonara on earth

1  Thank GourmandNYC

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Just had an incredible meal at Osteria il Carraccio. Started with the tripe, it was so good ! Followed by the stewed beef with beans.........probably the best dish I’ve had since arriving in Italy three weeks ago !!! My wife had Carbonara for primi, followed by chicken bites with sesame, which she absolutely loved. The waiter was brilliant too.....nice guy and obviously loves his food. Great Chianti too, everyone should give this place a try.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

We stopped at Osteria il Carroccio on a drizzly summer afternoon. The staff were very friendly and seated us quickly. The menu and wine list were varied, and the ambience of the restaurant was great. The food was excellent -- both mains we selected were very good. When we were finished we were pleasantly surprised by the value-for-money of our meal. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for great quality food at a medium price point.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

In Siena, Italy today, I had a limited time for a quick bite and found this small but delightful restaurant in Via Cosato di Sotto, a street very near Il Campo. I was made very welcome.
I mentioned that I needed a quick meal as I needed to be elsewhere in less than an hour and a half, and selected a rissotto.
The waitress produced the meal very quickly as I enjoyed a glass of red wine. The rissotto was so delicious that I can heartily recommend this dish. I was in good time for my meeting with half an hour to spare. What excellent service!
Now you know where to eat in Siena!

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

A nice and not expensive restaurant close to the main square. Pasta is delicious (pici with ragu or pici with cheese and pepper)!

Date of visit: September 2018