“Overated”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had dinner with my husband there. Nice rustic ambience, good service, too expensive. They will just leave the “coperto” (a few pieces of warm bread) on your table and charge 3 euros per person for that! The cheapest bottle of wine is 26 euros but you can ask for a glass for 7 euros, even though it is not written in the menu. The food is very good but not as remarkable as I expected. The best part was the generous amount of truffle that came with the dishes served (small portions but lots of truffle). I enjoyed the experience because it was my first time eating real truffles, but I do not recomend it if you are on a budget.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (5,676)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place was magnificent! We sat in an estrucan niche which we reserved in advance (highly recommend!) The chef personally reached out to us prior to our reservation and offered to bake a custom cake for my husbands birthday. Superb personal service. The food was also exquisite. We had the risotto which was mixed in a cheese wheel. The shaved truffles were added in large amounts.
Best experience!!!! Definitely worth booking in advance.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018

We had lunch here after visiting the Duomo nearby. We arrived close to opening time without a reservation and were lucky to have gotten a table. The dining room eventually became very busy. The architecture was especially interesting, as the building is quite old and evidence of this has been allowed to show in the walls of the dining areas. I found this to be an interesting juxtaposition to the table settings that were slightly formal. In fact, there was a sense of formality about the service. All of the various persons that attended our table were obviously well-trained; helpful and friendly, though formal. The atmosphere felt somewhat “stuffy” compared to many other restaurants where we dined in Italy. Well, the main thing is the food, and we found the dishes we ordered were very tasty and beautifully presented. We shared a squash blossom appetizer that was excellent. The light ricotta filling and crunchy tempura exterior were enhanced by the delicacy of the flower. Very nice. We also ordered risotto with black truffles. The creamy rice was perfectly cooked. The attendant grated a generous serving of black truffles over the top when it was presented at the table. Sublime. The pappardelle in wild boar ragu was also nicely presented and very tasty. Overall, we found the food to be very enjoyable, though the prices were a bit higher than one might find in less fancy restaurants. It was a nice dining experience.

Reviewed November 1, 2018

We were originally going to another restaurant, but we had the good fortune of being invited into one of the locals homes and it is there that we were told that Divo was the place to go. It is beautiful and my husband enjoyed his rack of lamb immensely. I unfortunately went with the tuna because I thought it would be a nice alternative to all the meat that I was eating, plus we got there around 3 pm and the kitchen was about to close so I went with the tuna at the recommendation of our waitress. I should have kept it when it first came out but it was fairly raw and I was concerned about the bacteria levels. It was a bad choice on my part because when it was returned, it was overcooked and thoroughly unenjoyable. Being that this is considered the premiere restaurant among the locals and that the atmosphere is so beautiful, I think I just ordered the wrong meal. I did see a family with a young child who sat across from us pull their order because they were waiting for over an hour for their food, which I agree is ridiculous. I also think they could have handled it differently being that we just got their and they were aggressive with taking our order. This is a very pricey menu and it was a lot of money to pay for a meal that was not enjoyed.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Of course the food here was very good. The service was impeccable. However, the wine was really expensive. If I were more into the fine dining thing, I would have rated it excellent. But for me, hearty authentic Italian food along with a draft beer is a better dining experience. This place was very ostentatious.