“very good food and picturesque setting”

Antica Osteria da Divo
Ranked #8 of 530 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Padua, Italy
“very good food and picturesque setting”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The food in Tuscany is always delicious! In my four days un Siena, two places really stand out for food quality, presentation and service. This is one of them! The atmosphere is surreal, you are eating inside a cave with finds from the etruscan time and you are just few steps away from the duomo! The food is delicious as well! Pappardelle con ragù di cinghiale e olive taggiasche, risotto with zucchine and basil, fiorentina...you will want to leak the plate! Don't miss it!

• Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Eugene, Oregon
“Not As I Expected”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Noticing the good reviews of this place, my girlfriend and I gave it a try. High end Brunello was sloshed into glasses without any thought of a decanter. Food was average at best. Risotto was salty and prepared table side in two week old, hollowed out cheese round. Rolled pork was flavorless while Boar with cherry sauce was smothered in cherry sauce. Creme brûlée and coffee mousse desserts awful. Seems to cater to tourists, and the final straw for us was the guy walking from table to table selling long stemmed roses.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank maybeinoregon
Brooklyn, New York
“Absolutely wonderful solo dinner”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This was a solo splurge for me and it was well worth it. The setting is gorgeous, the food was fantastic, and the service was lovely. I started with asparagus flan -- it seemed to capture all the flavors of spring -- and had risotto with Parmesan cheese and freshly shaved truffles. As in, they were shaved right in front of my very eyes! It was wonderful. The servers were friendly and responsive. Probably my best solo dining experience anywhere, ever.

• Visited April 2014
Turner, Maine
“2 star service/5 star food”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This ended up as our 2nd choice for our one evening we had in Sienna. Location is unique, our table was roomy, and we were provided ample time to place our order. I had the lasagna appetizer which was fantastic, and the wild boar. My husband had the rack of lamb which was one of the best he's ever had. My 2 star rating revolves entirely around service; filled own water and wine glasses throughout the entire dinner, never checked on us through our entire dinner, there was a couple celebrating their 30th Wedding Anniversary with a lovely meringue cake, they had 2 small pieces, and left the cake requesting the remainder be offered to the 3 other couples in the same dining area. They said they would honor their request and never did. I asked our waitress about that and she asked if I wanted to order a dessert. Very disappointing! Last but not least, they added the 10% to the bill which they only do for tourist. When we inquired, they stated it is a local Sienna tax which is not the case. If they want to maintain their status with all the great options in Sienna, they need to treat customers (and that does include us tourists) with more attentive service, honor customer requests, and not add 10% to the bill for non locals.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Debbie B
Milan, Italy
“Easter Monday lunch”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

A proper lunch is a must have in a day trip to Tuscany so we eagerly invested one hour in our meal, accurately choosing the restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews. Maybe the 3/5 rating I am giving is a bit ungrateful, but I think it makes sense to distinguish good (3) from very good and excellent (4 and 5, respectively). Reasons being: my ribollita lacking the extra taste and strength that one should expect when served, without recurring to self help in the shape of salt, extravirgin olive oil and pepper, plus beans were out of sync with the rest; similar impression of something missing as far as the tart of pasta brisee was concerned; on the other hand, my girlfriend's risotto con zucchine (served on Pienza cheese shape) was way too salty (not a problem to her, but she'd put salt in milk if nobody watches...). Fair prices.

Visited April 2014