“What a treat for all of us!”

Antica Osteria da Divo
Ranked #8 of 544 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We brought friends from Texas to this wonderful spot for dinner. We promised them a dining experience and the staff did not disappoint any of us. We sat in the first room, the food was excellent and service superb. We must have been having too much fun as the Italian woman sitting behind us kept staring at us rudely.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,204)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have lived in Italy and traveled there many times, and my experience at Da Divo was still a first. The setting is unique, the food delicious and the service courteous. But when it came time to pay the bill we discovered that other Americans who did not speak the language and asked us for assistance were being charged twice for service. It is included in the price, but was added to there bill anyway. When one of the owners learned that she had been found out, she essentially told me to mind my own business. Too bad, would have gone there again but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Would still recommend it, just make sure you let them know that you know service is included.

1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

This well know Siena restaurant is located inside a crypt. It's a few blocks away from the plaza.
The food is awesome. Four of us came here for lunch. Each one of us ordered something different, all the dishes were wonderful. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

"Antica Osteria Da Divo" is definetely our best restaurant recommendation when we are visiting the wonderful city of Siena, and I often get the chance to join my friends for lunch at this amazing traditional "osteria". A top quality service is perfectly combined with a charming and fascinating atmosphere of the place (that was part of the etruscan cathacombs of Siena) and the food is what I like to define as the most refined expression of the typical tuscan cuisine, plus a genuine and super-smart touch of avantgarde in the way to serve every single dish. The best example is the truffle or porcini mushroom risotto that's served out of a pecorino cheese form.
No better way to remember how good is Siena's local food. Top notes!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The restaurant was recommended by our hotel, when we got there we were shown to a great table in the basement area where it has been hewn out of the bedrock. The staff were friendly and polite. We had the Tuscan antipasti for starters which was very good and a good portion. I had pork for the main and my wife the sea bass. Both again were very good. Personally I would say it is for going to for a special meal as it's at what I would say is the pricier end of the spectrum being over €100 for starters and mains with a bottle of wine for two.