“Perfecto!”

Antica Osteria da Divo
Ranked #9 of 525 Restaurants in Siena
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“Perfecto!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Probably the best if not one the top two restaurants in Siena. They place looks amazing...like and underground cave from the middle ages. The food is spectacular in its presentation and flavor. Me and my wife had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Siena.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reservations recommended!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Siena is awash with good restaurants, this one has a different ambiance due to the fact that half the restaurant feels like a cave! As it's high on the TripAdvisor list, we would recommend reservations to avoid dissappointment , we made ours on the day, but they were turning away people that evening who just turned up. Front of house staff were very friendly and the food was good, cooked well - my partner enjoyed the veal - I'd recommend the risotto, the only thing that let this restaurant down were the inattentive waiting staff.

Monte Di Procida, Italy
“Don't miss this place! Reservations Recommended!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went to eat here our first night, but didn't realize we needed reservations, so we made them for the next night. We arrived and were quickly sat to a table in the front part of the cave. Very nice waitstaff who spoke Italian and English. After we ordered they brought out bread, which was delicious and some tuscan bean soup, which a splash of olive oil on top. Yummy!! My husband and I shared Ribolita (which is a bean, veg, and bread soup) and stuffed zucchini, both of which tasted amazing. For our dinner I had gnocchi which was served in a crusty cheese bowl and my husband had the pici (thick, homemade spaghetti like noodles) with boar, and a couple other gamey meats. We couldn't have been happier. With no room left for dessert, the brought us a complimentary taste of some chocolates and a couple other goodies. It was the perfect meal! The atmosphere is unlike what you have seen. Very old cave!

• Visited October 2012
Athens, Greece
“Great atmosphere and food!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Atmosphere was definitely something different. The restaurant is in a cave and had no windows. But it was still in a beautiful setting. We had the boar pasta and steaks for each of us. Food was cooked to perfection and we enjoyed both dishes. Definitely recommend!

Portland, Oregon
“Memorable Dining Experience!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I ate here for lunch while visiting Siena about two weeks ago. The atmosphere is luxurious and the wait staff are very attentive. My husband got the risotto that arrived in a giant, hollowed-out wheel of Pecorino cheese. It was then mixed around in the cheese, served onto a plate, and then more Pecorino was shaved on top. Delicious! I had the fish ravioli which were good if you like the taste of fish (which I do). Because we had our Rick Steves' guidebook, they gave us a free assortment of tasty biscotti to eat while we enjoyed an espresso. The whole experience was so much more than we could have asked for. We will definitely be dining here the next time we're in Siena!

1 Thank tzoradi