“Bacchus Head”
Review of Gift Shop #5

Gift Shop #5
Ranked #15 of 37 Shopping in Siena
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The shop is a must visit if you are looking for interesting ceramic art. I purchase the ceramic head from Roberto Biancolini who was a pleasure to deal with. Roberto made all the transportation arrangement and provided the necesssary follow up to ensure the piece was delivered to my home in Toronto Canada.

2  Thank Renato T
There are newer reviews for Gift Shop #5

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and i ordered a complete set of dishes from Gift shop number 5 in Siena. They were extremely helpful. They told us up front about the cost of shipping. They let us know the dishes would be made specifically for us. They let us have a special detail on the back of each piece. The dishes took 10 weeks to be delivered from the original date of order, but I added a few items a couple of weeks after my order.

The dishes are beautiful. They will remind us of our extended stay in Tuscany forever. It was worth the wait and the shipping cost.

2  Thank fctravel92
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We had a very good experience with Gift Shop #5. We chose one extra large platter and loved another but wanted it in a smaller size. When I told the shop owner of the problem, he inspected the piece, determined the artist and told us they could make it in the size we wanted but it would take at least 30 days. We were fine with that and purchased both pieces and another small piece. Before we paid, he explained very clearly to us that shipping and duty would be extra and charged to our credit card at the time it shipped. He gave us an estimate of the costs but explained it could be more or less, depending on circumstances beyond his control. We were okay with the additional costs because it would have been a pain in the neck to haul the heavy platter around and we would have had to buy another suitcase and pay the additional baggage fees - and hope it didn't break in transit.

When we got home, I stayed in touch with the shop owner to check the status of our order. I also emailed him when I read the bad reviews on TripAdvisor - obviously I was now extremely concerned about the additional shipping costs and if our pieces would arrive whole. The custom platter took longer than expected and our order arrived in 90 days, instead of 30-45 days but I didn't care at all once I saw how beautiful they were and that they arrived in one piece. They are very high quality and we couldn't be happier. Yes, the shipping costs came in at about $200 and the duty fees were another $70 but, again, we didn't have to haul them around Italy with us, buy another suitcase or pay additional baggage or overweight fees. With the combined costs, these pieces are no more expensive than similar items bought locally but they have the added benefit of being tied to a happy memory of an amazing trip. All in all, we're quite happy with the experience and have no qualms recommending Gift Shop #5 to our friends and family.

2  Thank welove2travel850
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Items in Gift Shop #5 are very expensive. I purchased a large bowl on the premise that shipping was $50.00 to the U.S.A. and that it would arrive in one piece, however,
shipping was $268.00 U.S. plus the Duty fee of $34.00 U.S. and the item was broken
in several areas due to poor packaging by MBE, Siena, Italy. My total bill on this is
close to $800.00 U.S. dollars and I cannot get a refund, or a replacement.

Not good business.

Pam-Rochester Hills, MI U.S.A/

6  Thank Pam2310
Reviewed September 30, 2009

The shop owner lied about the shipping cost and the shipping time. I was told the shipping time would be 2 weeks and it took 2 months. I was also told the shipping charges were to be $20, instead they were $140 (which was more than double the cost of the 2 items). Carry you purchases home.

6  Thank pilady430