“Excellent customer service and cozy quality hotel”
Review of Campo Regio Relais

Campo Regio Relais
Ranked #12 of 125 Siena B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Our room was quite small however, this really is a quality hotel with immaculate customer service and hospitality. Maria is one of hotel staffs who has the kindness to provide us with valuable sightseeing information wtih detailed tips and instructions and to arrange a taxi for us to visit small villages near Siena. She was very helpful and thoughtful. I think she is the best hotel staff I have ever met in my entire life. Other hotel staffs were also very kind with full of hospitality.
I strongly recommend you to stay in this small cozy hotel if you plan to visit Siena.
Also the view from the common breakfast room (lounge ?) were spectacular. You can enjoy medieval times and beautiful historical architectures.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ATJCJapan
There are newer reviews for Campo Regio Relais

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel is one of my absolute favorite places I've stayed in vacation. I stayed for a weekend in fall 2007 and returned again in May 2012 with my parents and boyfriend. The staff is incredible, the rooms are beautifully decorated, and the views from the breakfast room take your breath away. Attention to detail is what this hotel does best. I read other reviews complaining of noise - I've never experienced this myself, our stay was lovely and quiet. The cost is high, but in my opinion it is absolutely worth it. I'll stay here any time I return to Siena!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We chose this hotel from the reviews on trip advisor and found them to be spot on! Indeed the staff and the location are what make this hotel what it is.

The rooms are small with boutique style furniture and very clean throughout. Some reviews commented on the noise from the streets, hey that's a problem all over Siena! I personally didn't think it was that bad (the noise) they provide ear plugs anyway or simply shut windows and shutters.

The breakfast here had a great selection (cereals,yoghurts,meats,friuts cheeses etc)with the staff as usual friendly and helpful and the view from the breakfast room of the duomo really spectacular.

The staff also recommended places to eat and see so if you haven't got an itinery their recommendations will be very useful. My big worry was parking as we rented a car but the staff showed us where to park. We parked within the stadium (stadio) which was stress free and only a 3 minute walk to and from the hotel. It cost us around €45 from Friday evening til Monday morning.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel as I'm sure you'll pretty much agree with the reviews also try the restaurants zest which is around the corner from the hotel and la taverna di San guiseppe both of which were fantastic.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 19, 2012

After reading some of the sub-par reviews of this hotel, I am really surprised to hear that people said it was noisy. Our room was on the top floor and dead silent, we slept really well during our whole stay.

However, it is really the staff that makes this hotel worth the money. Denis, Maria Luisa, Tomaso, and Shamali, could not do more to make your stay perfect. They make it a daily priority to make their guests happy and it is such a welcome change from most hotels.

The only thing that you need to be aware of is the high hotel tax rate that the city charges (which is true for any hotel in Siena). It is 5 euros per day, per person, which is slightly higher because this hotel is a historic hotel. So be prepared to pony up some cash at the end of your stay. The hotel was very sympathetic and hates asking their guests for this high rate, but the city of Siena just passed this new tax and they have to enforce it.

Besides that we loved our stay!

Room Tip: Top floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juice10
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This place was so amazing. The view is beautiful ,the staff was very friendly, and the location is great. I would say the staff went above and beyond to be helpful. On the morning we left was Europe’s Day Light Savings. Knowing we had a plane to catch in Rome, the female employee (forgot her name) actually called in to tell the her co-worker to remind us about day light savings. She was off the job and still was trying to help us!

The breakfast was also really good. A lot of options, fruit, meat cheeses, croissants, cereal etc. I wasn’t expecting the array we got was very impressed.

I give this B&B “5 Stars” for the beautiful room we stayed in (at a reasonable price $250 a night), the location and view (in the mix), and how helpful the staff was. People who don’t understand the way Tripadvisor works, are always disappointed when they go to “5 Star” places like this bed and breakfast because they expect a “5 Star” hotel. However what they fail to realize is “5 Stars” on Tripadvisor DOES NOT mean “5 Star” hotel. What it means is the people are lovely, the place is beautiful, and the location is excellent. Prior to my stay at this B&B we stayed at the Westin in Rome and were not as pleased as we were with this place.

Yes the noise can be bothersome if you leave your windows open at night (they do provide ear plugs). However we would just leave our windows open during the day and close them at night. I am not a light sleeper so the sound didn’t bother me. I really think wherever you stay in Siena you will find the same problem.

Also Siena is a lot bigger than it looks in everyone pictures . . . it was hard to navigate the streets to find your way to the walled part of Siena. There is Siena and all the (suburbs of the town) and then there is the town that is cute and cobblestone which is situated inside the bigger Siena. Follow the signs for Centro or Stadium to find your way to the Siena.

Traveler Tip: climb the tower at the Piazza del Campo. The stairs are narrow and it’s a tough climb but so worth it! A beautiful view of Tuscany!!! #1 thing to do in Siena in my opinion.

Room Tip: Traveler Tip: climb the tower at the Piazza del Campo. The stairs are narrow and it’s a tough climb...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MelissaKarnowski
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I'm a little late in writing this as my husband and I were there in October 2011. I had to write a review though because this was one of the most amazing places we've ever stayed and we've stayed in many nice hotels through out the world. It is cozy and charming, Maria Luisa (hopefully I got her name right!) at the front desk was by far the sweetest, most caring hostess we've ever had. She seemed genuinely interested in what we did each day, asking enthusiatically and also making sure we had good advice, directions, places to eat, etc. I wish she was there full time because she was by far the best front desk help. We did splurge for my husband's bithday and got the room with the balcony overlooking the city. Even though it was pricy, it was an amazing view, especially at night! The breakfast staff and Maria Luisa even made my husband birthday cake and gave us some champagne one morning before we started a guided tour of the surrounding cities. Just a really nice, homey feeling place with a great location and nice staff. We loved Siena!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank youngm1008
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed one night in November. Location is good and the perfect place to base yourself, room was comfortable with a very classic design, although when we intially felt it was expensive for what it was. However breakfast on the terrace was fantastic, not for the food (which was fine), but for the views from the terrace which have got to be the best in Siena. Would recommend for this alone, as it was the highlight of our visit.

Room Tip: One of the suites has a private terrace with panoramic views of Siena and beyond into the countrysid...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple