“ah! siena”
Review of Siena Rooms

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siena
Siena Rooms
Ranked #57 of 88 Specialty Lodging in Siena
cincinnati
“ah! siena”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

owner american great location 1/2 block from campo less than that to duomo. has refrigerator and some utensils. owner close so can phone or run over. no breakfast but great buffet on campo

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
fayetteville, ar
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Siena Rooms provides a great value and a terrific location. The rooms are simple, with beautifully restored wood beam ceilings. For 50 Euros, I had a private bath and could easily walk anywhere within the historic, medieval city. I also felt very safe here--with the extra security of knowing that the owners of the rooms live right around the corner and can be reached easily by telephone.

If you have never been to Italy at Christmastime, I would recommend it highly. Shops sell potted cyclamen flowering plants in every color (which I assume is an Italian tradition?) so there are flowers everywhere. On Christmas eve, everything is open late; it seems that the entire city is out walking and enjoying the evening, viewing the many nativity scenes, etc. I also very much enjoyed the festive lights strung over all of the narrow streets. A favorite treat was the pan d'oro, which is much different than the panettone we see during the holidays in the states.

At the hotel, I especially enjoyed American-born owner, Deborah, and hearing about the 15 or so years she has lived in Siena. Since I was traveling alone and don't speak Italian, she was able to guide me to interesting markets, restaurants, etc. that a tourist may not normally find.

One note: If you are a light sleeper, you might prefer one of the rooms on the side or back rather than overlooking the street -- or bring earplugs and enjoy the view!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Austin, TX
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Siena Rooms for one night. The room itself was not terrible but it didn't seem like it had been cleaned before we came. The floors were very dusty and there was bird poo all over the balcony. It was in an ok location, very close to Il Campo and very far from the train station (but everything is up hill from the train station). The shower is right next to the toilet, literally right next to the toilet that the shower drains next to the toilet because they share the same floor. This wasn't that big of a deal to me but it caught me off guard. I have never seen such a thing and I have stayed in my share of hostels. But it is a private bathroom. There is no breakfast and the hosts were not very helpful. Definitely a "no frills" kind of place. Overall I thought it was not worth the 70 Euro we were charged for the room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Siena Rooms was a very good place to stay. If you are looking for fancy accomodations with lots of amenities this is not the place for you. However, if you are looking for a decent, clean place to sleep in Siena and want to be in a great location Siena rooms is worth checking out. Our room was comfortable, clean with a good bathroom and had a nice little view out the window of the beautiful flag lined street below. It really gave us a feel for Siena and the neighborhood. We could walk and eat and shop ,go back to the room for a rest and cleanup and then out to dinner with no worries about transportation. There was no A/C as far as we could see so it might be a bit hot in Summer but we had no problems. Also, it is a college town and there was quite a bit of carousing going on and was quite loud at times but nothing that a good pair of ear plugs didn't take care of. Deborah and her husband were very nice and helpful. Overall we had a great stay and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2009

The room is a good size with basic furnishings. It's in a good location but has noisy neighbours. The owner showed us to the room. Next day a lady was in the kitchen (owner/cleaner?). I think seeing there is a kitchen the provision of a kettle would be a nice touch. Seems a waste really. No brochures or help with info. After I asked I was given a photocopy of a map. It wasn't the best place we stayed in Italy for the same money but it was OK. This hotel has the smallest bath towels that I have seen in my life (there were 2 each the next day). Luckily there's a towel warmer. My hubby is hairy and the towel was drenched.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
naples
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I am an adventurer that travels quite a bit. I highly recommend this hidden gem of a hotel to anyone that is looking for the best location to stay in while visiting Siena for the most affordable prices. The rooms of this family run hotel are very clean and efficient. It is the perfect home base to have when you enjoy going out into Siena for sightseeing, shopping, eating, etc.

There is an internet cafe with Skype and fast computers practically right outside the door...and it might cost about 3 euro an hours...pretty cheap... the owners don't speak much English but you will need to give them a passport to use the computers. If you want to stay in touch with the modern world while here, this is so handy.

I brought my dog with me and in the mornings we would take a walk through the city. If you take a couple of steps outside, there is a beautiful view. A lot of people stop to take pictures there and you will love the sounds of the church bells and all of the red rooftops lined with pigeons. Go in another direction for about a block and you are in the Campo piazza as well as the main shopping area. Want to get out of the city and see other sights? There is a horde of taxis one block away.

There is a nice cafe outside the hotel doors as well - the owner is very friendly... The best start to an Italian day is to head down to this cafe and grab a cappuchino with a cornetto. There is also a couple of nightlife cafes close by as well as a popular Chinese restaurant of you have a taste for something different. By far, my favorite shop below the hotel was the chocolate store... the best variety of Lindt chocolates (my favorite) to choose from...try the cafe flavored! These shops and restaurants are all frequented by natives by the way ... a very good thing:)

Deborah is a unique woman and very helpful... she married into the Italian life several years ago and is so interesting to talk to. I can't wait to plan my next trip here.

Tammy

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank tharman
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 12, 2008

This was a great room, close to the Campo, and walking distance to all major sites. Deborah is an American who is married to an Italian man and speaks Italian fluently. It was great talking to her about life in Siena, the contrada, politics in Italy, things to see . . . She was very helpful throughout our stay.

The room is modern and large, and there is access to refrigerator, stove, etc. We had a great time!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Siena
Hotel la Perla
#111 of 121 in Siena
Siena Gallery B&B
Siena Gallery B&B
#63 of 121 in Siena

Been to Siena Rooms? Share your experiences!