“A Marvelous Stay”

and 1 more site!
B&B San Francesco
Ranked #54 of 125 Siena B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2007

My wife and I spent two nights at the San Francesco B&B. It's a bit difficult to find at first as it is about a 15- to 20-minute walk from the bus drop-off point and not quite in the heart of the city. But after finding the place, Masimo greeted us with a warm smile and was very hospitable. He gave us lots of information about the city, provided us with a map, and recommended the key sites to see.

Our room was quite large, had a nice view, and was impeccably clean. Given its location, the area was quiet at night, making for a very comfortable sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was at a large table with other guests, providing a great opportunity to share stories and recommendations and make new friends.

For the price, service, and cleanliness, this was a great value.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank B_in_Ottawa

Reviewed July 9, 2007

We stayed here last March, and it was a great find. The B&B is charming. If you are expecting a five star hotel this may not be for you, but, in my opinion, this was Italy at it's best. The rooms were clean and basic, and the bathrooms were as nice as we experienced at any B&B in Italy. Massimo was a wonderful host. This was our first stop on the trip, so he went out of his way to get us acquainted with Siena and the B&B. I will surely stay here again when I return to Tuscany! Fell free to email me at Irishtexan21@aol.com if you have any questions about this B&B. I also traveled through the Cinque Terre, Venice, and Rome.

• Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed June 19, 2007

My wife and I, celebrating our 60th birthdays in Europe, spent 3 wonderful nights in Sienna at this B&B.

The location is wonderful! The room was quiet and comfortable with beds being a little on the soft side. A good breakfast was provided every morning in the dining room. Our room overlooked a busier street, but quiet, and I spent a lot of time when in the room watching life go by below. Particularly impressive sight were the thousands of swallows flying in the sky in the evening feeding time! We walked to all the sights of Sienna and used a cab only to go to the train station upon our leaving.

We would definately recomend this B&B to anyone visiting beautiful Sienna.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2007

I stayed here with an American friend in may 2007. Location was really perfect and the price affordable even in high season. Room was clean and spacious, front man was nice. Breakfast was simple but nice. I will definitely stay here again if I have the chance. :)

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 26, 2007

We stayed at the B&B San Francesco for three nights and found it to be a comfortable, convenient place to stay in Siena. It is located within a 5-10 minute walk to all of the wonderful sites of this beautiful city.

The room we stayed in - I believe it was the Lorenzetti - was spacious, quiet and had a nice view of the town. The bathroom was good-sized, but the shower was very small and the holder for the shower head was broken. Nevertheless, it was a clean, comfortable room.

The breakfast buffet was exceptional for an Italian hotel, with a variety of packaged cakes, yogurt, granola, bread for toast, juices, tea and coffee. It was nice to share conversations with the other guests seated at the large table. It added to the friendly atmosphere of the B&B.

Emanuele, the young hotel manager, doesn't speak English very well, but he could not have been nicer or more helpful. He recommended a wonderful restaurant and helped us with the bus schedules and our luggage. He is very friendly and eager to please his guests.

We liked the B&B San Francesco and would gladly stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2007

This European B&B has a nice location and is bargain at about 89 euros per night. The room was a nice size and had a gorgeous view overlooking a nice neighborhood in Siena. We had read from another review there was a water noise in the room but it wasn't an issue anymore. Definitely wander in to the small grocery store across the street from the B&B. Everything in there is a bargain compared to the tourist shops elsewhere in town. The breakfast by the owner was fair and we liked comparing travel notes with the other Americans there. If we come back we might splurge at one of the higher end hotels in Siena. Everything in Siena is a bargain compared to nearby pricey Florence.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank GelatoJunkie
Reviewed February 1, 2007

This place is tucked away a little but it was a gem. A very nice and large breakfast was laid out for us. delicious!
it was not walkable from the station, but taxi was fine. great city to walk around if you don't mind stairs. the guy who checked us in was sooo nice and because he didnt speak fluent english, it gave me the chance i wanted to practice my italian. he was great about helping me. i love the bathroom in this place, towel warmer on the wall was great. i would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple