“A lovely slice of Tuscan hospitality”
Review of B&B San Francesco

and 1 more site!
B&B San Francesco
Ranked #52 of 127 Siena B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My Husband and I spent 2 very pleasant and comfortabloe nights at San Francesco B&B. Well located in a quiet residential neighbourhood within the walled city of Siena only a short walk to Piazza del campo.
Our room was spacious, nicely decorated and very clean. Breakfast, which is served in a common room with other guests, was a plentiful variety of continental fare.The Sienese owners are very friendly and Luigi was especially helpful with restraunt suggestions and must see's in Siena.
A good value for the money , we would definatly return...

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiamoitalia_11

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We liked San Francesco very much.

The room was delightful - nicely if simply furnished, with a modern bathroom and a great shower. There was TV, air-conditioning and a fridge. The stairwell and common areas were pleasant with attractive pictures. The staff were friendly and particularly helpful - Luigi phoned me twice to make arrangements for our anticipated late arrival (and he speaks good English). Breakfast was ample and tasty - fresh bread, cheese and meat, continental style, with fruit juice, croissants and coffee.

Perhaps the only slight drawback was that our room overlooked (as all the rooms do?) a moderately busy street; however, it was usually quiet by the end of the evening, when we wanted to sleep. There are 2 or 3 flights of stairs (which was no problem for us, however).

All-in-all, we would be delighted to stay there again, when or if we visit Siena again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We loved staying here. The owning family was very friendly and helpful, rooms were spotless, service was outstanding. The real plusses were staying within a real Sienese neighborhood (a good one), views from the room, closesness to real Sienese historica sights. The parking situation was a plus as the large San Francesco parking lot is less than 5 minutes away and accessed via escalators (no climbing). We would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Inside the walls, not far from center and bus station and around 15-20 minutes walk from train station. Pleasant staff, normal breakfast, nice interior. Rooms are nice with little kitchenete. Beds are rather soft but ok for 1 night. Window views are also ok. Nothing more to say - just and ordinary fair b&b. Good choice for short stop in Siena.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The place is in a typical senese building, a few steps away from PIazza del Campo e via dei Banchi di Sopra, Via dei Rossi. Rooms are big very clean and fully fitted in Tuscany style; excellent bathroom and powerful hot shower. Breakfast was ok, served in a cozy room, big table to share with other guest. Lady at the reception was nice. We felt warmly welcomed. I will definetelly go back there!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steraimo
Reviewed June 13, 2009

We really liked this place. The only problem we had was finding it. The guidelines were not useful, and nobody heard about the street where it is placed. Apart from that, the room in the 3rd floor has an excellent view of Siena, and is large enough, and has a nice bathroom too, Breakfast in a small and cute room. I would go back for sure.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rrrivas
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I made a reservation at the San Francesco for two double rooms with bath on the ground floor for myself/boyfriend and my elderly parents 5 months in advance of our stay. I re-confirmed two weeks beforehand. I called one hour outside of Siena as required and was told that my reservation had changed and we were to stay somewhere else...The woman said I had received an email with this new info (I didn't). We arrived at the new location, the gentleman had two attic rooms up a steep narrow flight of stairs and said take it or leave it, that's all he could do. We checked a couple of places in the neighborhood which were all booked and resigned ourselves to carting our luggage up the stairs.

We returned from dinner at 10pm and found a mother and son at the doorstep, they too had been re-directed to this new place, but there was no one to greet them and no space for them after a call to the manager. Unfortunately for them, they had pre-paid for the rooms on hotels.com.

I cannot comment on the accommodations at the San Francesco but I strongly suggest that if you want a guaranteed room, you find somewhere else to stay.

• Check in / front desk