“The best risotto I have every had”

Trattoria Fontegiusta
Ranked #52 of 531 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Excellent food and price. Very nice decoration!
Edinburgh
“The best risotto I have every had”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was a damp May evening & my husband & i had tried to eat in the hotel but they were full up. We tried a number of restaurants nearby but being a Saturday there were no tables.

We came across this trattoria, when we first went in it looked like the stereotypical Italian restaurant you find in the Uk. This is where the resemblance stopped.

The food was simple yet delicious. I had the courgette risotto & I have to say it was the best risotto I have every tasted. My husband had the beef on the bone & loved it. We were also impressed with the service & help we were given with the wine. When the bottle we chose was unavailable an alternative was provided, which was delicious & also cheaper than our original choice which was pleasant surprise.

I would definitely recommend that you visit if you are in Siena delicious food & wine & very reasonable prices.

• Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant away from the crowds”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a lovely meal here. Highly recommend the spaghetti with vegetables and pork dish. A great little find.

1 Thank Kathryn M
London, United Kingdom
“A Good Deal”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

In Siena for 5 days - and on our first day we found this restaurant. The food and service were so good we returned 4 times for the evening meal.

A real choice in the menu, very well cooked, and excellent service even at busy times. It was always full of local Sienese.
Very extensive local region wine choice. Prices of food & wine were very reasonable.

A really good deal considering this is a heavily tourist city.

PERTH
“Have the Young Roasted Pork”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Plenty of space, helpful staff, great wine and good service, but you must try the young roasted pork, a side of baked potatoes and grilled vegetables. Actually enough for two diners. The pork is slow roasted and literally falls off the bone. My mouth is watering just writing this review. I want more!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Happy Aussie S
Norwich, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This restaraunt was reccomended by the barman at our hotel The garden. We were in Sienna for four nights and this reataraunt was so good and the menu so extensive that we ate there every night!

The staff were attentive and good fund and very helpful.

Coonsidering how close it was to the centre, the price was amazing - six of us, at least two bottles of wine, at least two course each - 150 euros - a bargain.

If I were there again, that's where I'd eat!

2 Thank Roger F