“AMAZING DAY.....will do again next time in Siena!!!!”
Review of Ecco La Cucina

Ecco La Cucina
Ranked #13 of 26 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a culinary tour company offering small group immersions into the Italian way of life, via the discovery of its amazing food, wine, culture and history. Please see our website for dates and pricing Gina no longer offers single day cooking classes in Tuscany.
Reviewed October 4, 2011

WONDERFUL food and an amazing day with Gina Stipo. She shared her love of Italian cooking and gave us insight into the Tuscan way of cooking. She made us feel at home.

1  Thank JanetPozzuoli

Reviewed October 2, 2011

This week-long trip combined learning and exploration in to one beautiful package. Our "home" was at the Montestigliano extate approximately 15km from Siena. We prepared meals there and at the old mill kitchen nearby. We had numerous wine tastings at various castles and wineries in the area. The group of folks I met there became "instant family" and we already have plans to meet again. This experience far exceeded my expectations. Ecco La Cucina run by Gina Stipo and her sister Mary has been an experience I won't forget. I'm already for their next adventure.

2  Thank Bob E
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I had an amazing day with Gina and a group of 3 other people. We cooked some amazing food. Authentic Tuscan culinary: panzanella, home made pasta with peperonatta (bell pepper sauce) and brasciolla. Crostata for desert. All accompanied by a selection of 3 great wines from Montepulciano. The vegetables and ingredients were from local producers. Gina was very knowledgable about local Italian and Tuscan culinary and showed us a great time at this medieval mill house turned into kitchen. Had a lovely experience. Strongly recommend.

2  Thank Fernando046
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Did a day course last October. My husband did not want to do it, so he went for some coffee and took in some sights, while I had the time of my life. It was a small group of 5, it was a little bit cool, so Gina had the fire place going. The setting is like a postcard. Very relax, cozy and fun. The food came out delicious. After we prepared the lunch, a table was set in the garden, tablecloth, napkins, different wines for each course, at this time my husband did join us, he paid for the lunch and was able to join us. And I must say he was impressed with the food. The setting was like being in a Food Channel episode of Giada with friends. Besides the balloon flight over Tuscany, this was the highlight of my trip to Siena. I have made the recipes of our lunch many times over, have invited friends and showed off my Italian Cooking with them. LOVED IT!!!! and another thing every month Gina sends her newsletters with different recipes, which I make faithfully. THANK YOU GINA and MARY for a GREAT TIME AND THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFE TIME.

1  Thank Flaca58
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Six of us spent the morning cooking with Gina recently and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Gina was warm and friendly and got all of us busy chopping and preparing each dish on the menu. We all enjoyed talking to Gina about her experiences of living in Tuscany and this was quite illuminating about everyday life in Italy! The class went so smoothly and we all enjoyed sitting in the garden eating what we'd helped to cook and drinking the delicious wine that Gina supplied. I only wish we hadn't left it until the last day of our holiday as Gina had lots of helpful suggestions for things to see/do and we had no time left!

1  Thank Crystal231