“Very enjoyable”
Review of Ecco La Cucina

Ecco La Cucina
Ranked #13 of 26 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a culinary tour company offering small group immersions into the Italian way of life, via the discovery of its amazing food, wine, culture and history. Please see our website for dates and pricing Gina no longer offers single day cooking classes in Tuscany.
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Six of us spent the morning cooking with Gina recently and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Gina was warm and friendly and got all of us busy chopping and preparing each dish on the menu. We all enjoyed talking to Gina about her experiences of living in Tuscany and this was quite illuminating about everyday life in Italy! The class went so smoothly and we all enjoyed sitting in the garden eating what we'd helped to cook and drinking the delicious wine that Gina supplied. I only wish we hadn't left it until the last day of our holiday as Gina had lots of helpful suggestions for things to see/do and we had no time left!

1  Thank Crystal231
There are newer reviews for Ecco La Cucina

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Gina is warm, friendly & filled with all kinds of information on Italy and cooking. Not only did Gina talk about Tuscan cooking, she gave us background about the 900 year old mill which had been converted into a beautiful warm rustic kitchen. Gina talk about reguinal foods with helpful tips we can bring hime to use in our own kitchen. We had hands on cooking and sat in the beautiful yard and gardens to eat what we prepared. Each course was accompanied wth a bottle of regional wines. As we enjoyed our relaxing meal, Gina took time to tell my daughter and I some wonderful sites we could see as we traveled to other areas in Italy. Gina was warm and friendly. We left with a cookbook written by Gina to bring home with us. Great experiance that gave us more than just cooking.

2  Thank Tanya2652
Reviewed July 7, 2011

After finding Gina Stipo's web site I contacted her via email. She was prompt and very helpful to suggest the best way to get to her class from our hotel in Siena. The Palazzo a Merse B & B, just south of Siena, is where Gina held her class. The grounds and old farm house were everything one could dream of in Tuscany. Flowers, rolling hills and a beautiful old mill that was converted into a wonderful rustic kitchen.
My daughter and I were greated by Gina and led into the kitchen where we saw the beautiful fresh ingrediants arranged in the most inviting way. After a brief tour and short history class on Tuscany and the mill and farmhouse, we jumped right into cooking a complete full course menu including a succulent dessert and three different wines.
Gina is a wonderful teacher that has a warm and inviting personality that made us feel as if she was one of our best friends.
Gina offered great tips on cooking techniques, including chopping and cutting. She taught us how to make fresh pasta the real Italian way. A bonus for my daughter was Gina's great tips on preparing wild game, which is a common ingrediant in Tuscan Food.
While we were in the kitchen cooking, you could here and smell a worker cutting the lawn. My daughter and I felt like we were at home in our own kitchen with one of our best girl friend right in the middle of Tuscany. We left with great information on cooking techniques, great fresh ingrediants and simple preparation we can do at home, and a memory we can keep forever.
Gina also gave us tips on where to visit as we traveled to our next destination of our Italian trip.
One extra bonus was that she introduced us to the owner of the B&B, Andrea, who we then went on a wonderful bicycle tour in the Tuscan hills towards Chianti country.
I would recommend Gina's cooking class to everyone. Visit her website.
Gina Stipo Ecco La Cucina http://www.eccolacucina.com

5  Thank Tanya2652
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was my second time in Tuscany and I have wanted to take a cooking class ever since 2005. I discovered Ecco La Cucina by accident on the web one day. I was on a tight schedule and Gina happened to have an opening the day I wanted. I couldn't have been more pleased. She not only had all the food prepped and ready, but she also gave some history about the building we were cooking in, the food we were making, and why and how the recipes came to be. This was just the kind of class I wanted. At first I thought it was a little expensive for me being a teacher and all- but realized afterward what a great value it is. I have come home and made 5 recipes from her cookbook ( which she gives you).

3  Thank Jill31231
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We are 2 couples from California who visited Siena in May 2011. Our half-day cooking class with chef Gina Stipo was a highlight of the trip. With just 6 class members we got a taste of Italian culture, a little history and a delicious lunch of risotto, our own handmade pasta and braised chicken, with our own handmade biscotti for dessert, all enjoyed in the garden under shady trees. The class was in an old Tuscan farm kitchen about a 20-minute drive from Siena. In addition to our half-day class, Chef Gina offers a 4- or 5-day package with winery and market excursions. We hope to be able to take her up on one of those. Find the Ecco la Cucina website for details. We loved it!

4  Thank steffam