“Best views in town”

Palazzo Bruchi
Ranked #38 of 126 Siena B&B and Inns
Essex, England
Reviewed October 3, 2004

Stayed in the Fresco Room, and the view was fantastic - probably one of the best views I've ever had on a vacation. The room and bathroom were very spacious and more authentically Italian than your average hotel. The positives - the room itself, the view from the room and the central location of the hotel. The negatives - pre-packaged 'long life' style bread wasn't much of a breakfast. Finding the place is also tricky - lots of one way streets to negotiate, and even when we found the building it took ages to find the B&B itself (the building seems to be shared with the university). If you don't want to pay for parking inside the walls of the city (which can mount up over a few days), be prepared for a bit of a hike from the free parking places outside the city walls. All in all if you're looking for something a little different from your Siena experience I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Boston, MA
Reviewed September 21, 2004

When traveling, I love the good surprises, and this place was it. When the hostess offered me a room in the "annex" with a shared bath for only 50EUR a night, I was reluctant, but I found it not only charming, but a real getaway. Though a bit monastic with a single bed, desk, chair and armoire, the large double windows opening up to a countryside view with a cathedral in the distance made it an ideal place to hang out an write some mornings. It was late September and cool at night (very cool), and I found a comforter in the armoire which made it very cozy indeed. Breakfast in the room was a prepackaged affair, but no big deal. 24 hour internet site across the street; laundromat two minutes away, and all the sites and great places of Siena within easy walking distance. Can't wait to go back with the family and treat them to one of the beautiful rooms in the main house that I was shown when I was preparing to leave.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 18, 2004

Good value for the money, very central location. Nice bathroom, we stayed in the large room with the window on the ceiling, which was a little odd, but the room was cool with the fan and very quiet. The bed was the largest we had in italy and very firm. Breakfast is prepackaged stale toast (the italians call it biscotti, yuch)and sticky buns and you have to make your own coffee, but there is a fridge you can use if you want to provide your own yogurt and such. Be sure to lable your food, someone kept drinking our water. I had reserved a room with a view of the garden, but the "double" bed was about the size of a large twin and was way too small for my boyfriend and I to both sleep in at the same time. Maria luckily had a larger bed available. But be sure to make sure the bed is large enough when you make a reservation.

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank docem2001
San Diego California
Reviewed July 23, 2004

Within the walls of old town Siena and within walking distance to most historical points of interest. We paid only $65.00 for a reasonably clean room with shared bath which was one of the best values we had on a 16 day trip. They have bigger better appointed rooms for more too. Family owned, with family antique furniture, cute courtyard, courteous manager, would recommend for the price.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2004

A good value for your dollar. We stayed in the Blue room and it was large, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. A good location. Close to most things in Siena. The breakfast "fixings" left a little to be desired but just down the street are some bakeries that will take care of you morning hunger. Make sure when you check out that you ask Maria if you can look at her apartment. You won't believe what you see. It's s show place!
A tip: when you find the property, the B&B is on the 3rd floor. No lift here and it was very dark so be careful not to trip going up the stairs. Her apartment (office) is on the right at the top of the stairs.

Reviewed April 20, 2004

We just returned from our first trip to Italy and stayed at Palazzo Bruchi for 3 nights while in Siena. What a beautiful place and our view of the old city walls and the countryside was just breath taking. Several good places to eat close by and just a few blocks walk to the Campo. My husband and I had the Blue Room and our girls had the Fresco Room. Both were very large, with large bathrooms and beautifully furnished. You can see pictures on --------------------- web site. The owners were also helpful in making some dinner reservations for us before we left on our trip. Email them at ----------------------.Also this web site has some good pictures of the B&B, but contact the owners directly for the best rates on your room. -------------------------------

1  Thank KCP
Reviewed February 27, 2004

This place is so nice I hate to let the secret out! I stayed here for a week (Dec. 2003). The hostess and her family are wonderful - friendly and helpful. My room was clean and beautiful. A nice bed, satellite TV, a small fridge, expresso maker and breakfast fixings (buns, juice, coffee, milk) were all part of the room. The room also came with a very large ensuite bathroom - good shower with lots of hot water. The room had a great view of some green space between the town and the walls of Siena. The location is terrific - within walking distance to everything (Il Campo, the Duomo, the main shopping street etc.)

5  Thank yayoye